Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stun Guns

Stun Guns

Hi,Stun Guns have recently been made legal in New Jersey,I manage a gun department in an independently owned outdoor store and have no idea about them.Could anyone please educate me about what I should be looking for in mid to high quality Stun Guns?TGhanks.

Taser or nothing. They are really the only viable electronic conductive weapon as far as I’m concerned.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Taser or nothing. They are really the only viable electronic conductive weapon as far as I’m concerned.
    This. A flashlight is a far better defensive tool than a stun gun. Stun guns just piss people off more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Took a H2H class. The instructor 'stunned' us. It was an ouch. Hurt worst to be hit. Waste of mine but looks cool in the movies.

Site Supporter
    Electric cattle prods will move a 2000 bull so don't play with these. At one time they were used in some correctional settings to change behavior. Once I witnessed a giant man destroying a police car's interior at a jail "unloading" section. A cattle prod changed his intention and attitude. Of course, using such a device against a human being is considered unethical. Note that I am not recommending but merely reporting.

I agree 100% with Lon. TASER only. Stun guns and similar devices with prongs close together only disrupt a narrow area where the TASER prongs with broad spread and proper connection work best. That said even TASER is said to have only 50-55% effectiveness. I have been TASERed and it sucks and was effective. Stun guns are orders of magnitude less effective down to annoyance.

Site Supporter
    I have found a fewer old threads on Tasers and Stun guns (older than even this one, one from 2012).

What's the opinion on the PD trade-in's that one can find at Recoil Gunworks, (and I assume other places)?

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/polic.../?Brand=Taser&

They seem to me like they might fit an okay niche for places where carry permits are a pain to get, or out of state travel, or for someone who just can't carry or handle a gun. And, they are Tasers.

I'm not sold on the concept, and it really would not be for me, but hey, figured I'd ask.

I know laws vary from state to state on these things, too (and they don't replace pepper spray or a gun).

Edited to add: I suppose one would want to clean them really good...

Site Supporter
    I wouldn’t trust a stun gun. It’s not like you found in batman with Nichole Kidman.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Isn’t a Taser considered to be a firearm?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Isn’t a Taser considered to be a firearm?
    I don't think they generally are considered such.

Not a lot of detailed info on the net. Here is a non-legal advice list:

https://www.srselfdefense.com/blog/s...uide-for-2022/

Edited to add: The recoil site shows that some states require them to be shipped to ffls. I.e.: "**Not for sale where prohibited. No sales to Hawaii, Rhode Island. Must ship to FFL in Illinois, Maryland and Minnesota. Specific permits required in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Mexico, West Virgina and Wisconsin. **"

User Tag List