Thread: Overwatch Precision Parts Leading to Light Primer Strikes?

Overwatch Precision Parts Leading to Light Primer Strikes?

I recently got some overwatch precision parts for my G43x (polished DAT trigger, NP3'ed Glock OEM Minus Connector, NP3'ed OEM Glock Safety Plunger).

Took a class Saturday and had 2 rounds (Fiocchi Range Dynamics 115 gr) that did not fire. I recycled the ammo back in and they went bang. I bought 200 but only fired somewhere around 150 to 175 rounds.

I'm not certain if it's the ammo or the parts I put in. Has anyone here had issues with their Overwatch Precision parts?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I have had light strike issues with Fiocchi range dynamics 115gr (red boxes) in an all factory oem parts gen 5 G19. Only 1-2 rounds in a lot of 1,000, but one never went off and another took two hits to go off.

Personally I’d swap OEM parts back in but that’s just how I run my glocks. To answer your question less abnoxiously, I’d run some other ammo types including some berdan primed crap ammo to see if it runs them. If the light strikes are happening with several ammo types then I’d look into the “upgrade” parts. If it’s just the fiocchi ammo then question answered. Make sure your striker channel is clean so the slide isn’t binding at all….this can impede the firing if the striker channel is filthy.

If I recall, Overwatch Precision uses Glock trigger bars. If that's true, the trigger shoe is the only part that is not from Glock. I'm having a hard time seeing how the new parts would cause light strikes.

I had a couple of failures to fire in a G19 at ~7500 rounds, so I cleaned out the striker channel and replaced the striker spring. No problems since. You may want to try that.

Fired the last of the Fiocchi today. About 80 rounds or so with no issues. Another 50-ish with Browning 115gr ammo, also without issue. Will keep track and report back if there are more issues with the G43x and Overwatch parts.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List