Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FM 9: Brand New upper, Bolt Wear/Damage?

I suppose I should mention,.. all the nice tight groups, the flawless functioning, cycling any & all ammo put thru it so far,.. (Roughly 800-900 rounds to date)

…ALL of this has been with the original, scuffed & nicked BCG from the OP. I figured since I had the new bolt to use if necessary, I thought I should test their claim that all of the issues I brought to their attention were cosmetic and NOT going to cause any functionality problems.

Seems they were correct. At least so far! We’ll she how she runs long term.

As it stands,.. I REALLY like this weapon. Taking it to the State Game Area this weekend and shooting steel. Also going to check my Red Dot & zero in Real Life conditions out to 75-100 yds.

SUCCESS!!! 😎

Success! 😎💕😎👍🏻 I took another shot at installing the CMC Flat Face 2.5 lb AR Trigger and this time I was able to make it work. It looks Awesome!!

I even spent a couple hours last night making a slave pin by cutting down a 5/32 drill bit shank to fit. Just in case the trigger install failed again, I’d have an easier time if I had to re-install the OEM trigger.

I guess I learned a lesson about which trigger pin hole to line up first /w the punch. First time around I was able to get the hammer pin end of the trigger housing lined up with the punch but no matter what I did I couldn’t get the trigger pin inserted. This time around I fiddled with it until I got the trigger pin lined up first by inserting the punch. Then I inserted the anti-walk pin by tapping out the punch. Once it was set, I was able to use the punch to line up the hammer pin hole and inserted THAT pin using the same procedure. This worked !

I also made installing the anti walk pins a bit easier by inserting a set screw on one side giving me a wider, sturdier surface to tap on /w the brass hammer.

Honestly,.. this time went so smoothly I can’t for the life of me understand why the first time was so frustratingly failure prone. Lol!

BTW, my DIY slave pin worked great. I have it inserted & holding the trigger disconnect in place on the AR trigger mechanism. If I have to re-install it at some future date,.. it should be a breeze.

I’m sure this is probably all a Yawn for most of you guys,.. but on my very first build, and as a relatively Noob shooter, it is really satisfying to know Im able to solve some of these issues with a little PFC, Google-Fu & YouTube research. 😁

Finished Trigger Pic:
    Name:  2A3AEBA4-745B-4F95-901D-EF918D897416.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  66.2 KB

User Tag List