Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Yep. Just got mine out to the range for the 2nd time, and it was the first time with the EPS as pictured above. Totally a soft, flat-shooting pistol. A G47 set up with GPT and RDS is pretty hard to beat, for a production service pistol. And for the lefties out there: very LH friendly.
    I've been struck by the same. @GJM my favorite shooting as well.

Last Sunday was the first time I've managed to clean the 10-8 headbox standard under 5 sec in some years (back then it was with irons).

Name:  G47 10-8 headbox std 4Jun2023 3rd try.jpg
Views: 2206
Size:  45.0 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I wish Glock would follow the P320 model and start selling slides individually. Buy a G45 and then a G47 complete slide or vis versa. You'd get people that don't want to buy a whole new gun but would fork over money to buy a slide.

What are you getting out of the 1/4” shorter slide that you would want the G45? Other than being able to do a single port comp and not need more holsters (why I have a couple)? I believe the slides are available if you do some digging…pretty sure I’ve seen them advertised.

Also, I put a performance trigger into one of my G47 that also has a SRO on it…it’s, kinda good.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    What are you getting out of the 1/4” shorter slide that you would want the G45? Other than being able to do a single port comp and not need more holsters (why I have a couple)? I believe the slides are available if you do some digging…pretty sure I’ve seen them advertised.

Also, I put a performance trigger into one of my G47 that also has a SRO on it…it’s, kinda good.
    I find that my 47 shoots as well or better than a 19 with a Mayhem comp, which was my previous favorite.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hmmm…I haven’t shot them back to back with dots on them. Might need to do some more experimenting and see if it’s worth keeping the comped guns. I do really like the G45 with the Mayhem as my NV gun.

Hmmm…I haven’t shot them back to back with dots on them. Might need to do some more experimenting and see if it’s worth keeping the comped guns. I do really like the G45 with the Mayhem as my NV gun.
    Here is my thinking:

The 47 is significantly less costly than a 19 plus a barrel/comp.

They both fit the same holsters.

The comp'd 19 is quite a bit louder.

The 47 is legal in USPSA CO and LO, where the comp puts you in Open.

The 47 has a bit more velocity.

The comp can easily be removed with the Mayhem, making a 19 length slide if desired.

I am still trying to assess relative reliability with heavy field loads.

Yea, I think if I’d been able to get G47 before already owning G45 & Mayhems I’d probably not bothered messing with comps. I’m carrying a G19 w an extra Mayhem I picked up cheap and an RMR as my off duty gun and it’s a bit better than a plain G19 by a bit but definitely not necessary. I found that the Mayhem really came into its own with the full size grip (G45), makes much more of a difference than with a G19. Have you messed with that configuration? As for a 1 and done do everything full size…G47 would be my choice, from gaming to serious carry, it holds it’s own.

Yea, I think if I’d been able to get G47 before already owning G45 & Mayhems I’d probably not bothered messing with comps. I’m carrying a G19 w an extra Mayhem I picked up cheap and an RMR as my off duty gun and it’s a bit better than a plain G19 by a bit but definitely not necessary. I found that the Mayhem really came into its own with the full size grip (G45), makes much more of a difference than with a G19. Have you messed with that configuration? As for a 1 and done do everything full size…G47 would be my choice, from gaming to serious carry, it holds it’s own.
    In the spirit of 2 is 1, and 1 is none, a 19/47 for the win!

You’re not wrong…

Kind of want to try a 47 slide on a 19 frame with the LTT anchor.

User Tag List