Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    This makes no sense. Classic Glock.
    I agree, but I’m in for sure.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    This makes no sense. Classic Glock.
    Makes no sense for you.

But it wasn’t created for you. It was created for institutional users and it makes sense for them.

Like most European gun companies they consider institutional users their “real” customers.

Glock initially didn’t offer the gun commercially. However Gun companies exist to make money not guns so they will answer the commercial demand they’ve received. Not leaving money on the table is classic Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Makes no sense for you.

But it wasn’t created for you. It was created for institutional users and it makes sense for them.

Like most European gun companies they consider institutional users their “real” customers.

Glock initially didn’t offer the gun commercially. However Gun companies exist to make money not guns so they will answer the commercial demand they’ve received. Not leaving money on the table is classic Glock.
    I mostly agree but I firmly believe a G19 with a G26 length grip (and possibly a G17 with G19 grip which this G47 can do) would sell like crazy. Instead we got the G19X which has done well enough to justify itself and the G45 but it's time to fill the final holes in their lineup. And I'd bet some institutions would be interested as well.

I want to hate on it, but I have to say the 47 is at least cool looking. Like a mini G34.

What will be interesting is whether the 47 slide can work on a 19 frame, to create the much desired "19L" configuration of 17 length slide / 19 length grip. Hopefully that will be the 'G49'.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I mostly agree but I firmly believe a G19 with a G26 length grip (and possibly a G17 with G19 grip which this G47 can do) would sell like crazy. Instead we got the G19X which has done well enough to justify itself and the G45 but it's time to fill the final holes in their lineup. And I'd bet some institutions would be interested as well.
    I kinda think a G26 slide / 17 grip with threaded barrel would be popular for certain users as a suppressor host.

Heres a 3D printed version of the 'G26XXL' concept.

It makes perfect sense…. Glock will sell all they can make.

I will pick one up. Cross compatibility across g19,g45,g47 make it a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I kinda think a G26 slide / 17 grip with threaded barrel would be popular for certain users as a suppressor host.

@JCN just did it so much better.

Name:  glockmarketing.jpg
Views: 1628
Size:  80.2 KB

Gaston, give me my 26 MOS!

That’s pre-optics thinking. And I have a 19 with a 17 length upper thanks to Brownells. With slide mounted optics a shorter slide has benefits for tracking the dot. We will continue to see more duty pistols with short uppers and full length grips going forward.

For iron sights the longer upper gives better accuracy due to the longer sight radius.

@JCN just did it so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post

This is what GF was referring to:

My G26320…

Name:  6B93B3C5-2746-4792-B6AC-9C8209D1B97B.jpg
Views: 1582
Size:  89.5 KB

User Tag List