Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

is the g47 gonna have the same issue as the 48? longer slide, shorter recoil spring, leading to less reliability?

What’s the upside to the 47. I just started looking and I don’t see the point. Especially not to the point of discontinuing the 17.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    So how long until they phase out the Gen 5 17 and 34 and make other models so they all have the same internals?
    Probably never.

That said, if they wanted to maximize simplicity, Glock could consolidate a number of models into a few.

G19/17/34/45/47/

-->

G19 Frame
    G45 Frame

+

4" flush slide
    5" extended slide

Thats basically what Walther had with the PPQ. A full size and a compact frame, both with the option of a 4" or 5" slide.

If the G17 is discontinued, that would make me sad.

The recoil impulse from a G19 sized RSA just isn't the same.

Most likely if they "discontinue" anything it will just mean discontinue sale of it to civilians in the US, which would be my least-preferred result.

Also, first time I am hearing of the reliability issues with the G48, another Glock that has a shorter recoil spring with the longer slide. Just now in this thread, and in another thread on this page are the first times I'm hearing of it. Is this a known issue? Before the announcement that it would mean the 17MOS leaving, it seemed that people were pumped for the 47, but now we have reliability questions?
    Last edited by GlockenSpiel; 12-19-2022 at 08:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    If the G17 is discontinued, that would make me sad.

The recoil impulse from a G19 sized RSA just isn't the same.
    It's not going to be discontinued in standard slide configuration, but the 17 MOS will be dropped and replaced by 47 MOS.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 12-19-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It's not going to be in standard slide configuration; but the 17 MOS will and be replaced by 47 MOS.
    Not a total loss, since I could direct mill.

Still, my recent G17.5 MOS with a Holosun SCS was virtually friction-free in setting up a new gun, which I'll miss.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    is the g47 gonna have the same issue as the 48? longer slide, shorter recoil spring, leading to less reliability?
    The 19 spring is 18 pounds… the 17 spring is 17 pounds (and same for .40, .357 and 10mm). Shy of that, was there any issues with the 34 or 17L?

The tests said they ran 10,000 rounds thru the full size and compact; first 4,000 had a weapon light installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    The 19 spring is 18 pounds… the 17 spring is 17 pounds (and same for .40, .357 and 10mm). Shy of that, was there any issues with the 34 or 17L?

The tests said they ran 10,000 rounds thru the full size and compact; first 4,000 had a weapon light installed.
    No idea. That's why I asked

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It's not going to be discontinued in standard slide configuration, but the 17 MOS will be dropped and replaced by 47 MOS.
    Is that official?

User Tag List