Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Glock 47 MOS

Commercial release announced today. October 1 availability.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I don't understand.

A g45 with a full length slide...

So a Glock 17?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    So a Glock 17?
    + 30

But seriously, a quick search turns up an article from 2019 that states

The Glock 47 incorporates a full-size slide with a G45 frame. Tactical Life confirmed that the G47 has the same barrel length of a Glock 17. However, a G17 slide will not fit on the G47. The new pistol is also compatible with G19X, G17, G34 and G45 magazine
    So I'm not sure what the point was. Unless it was supposed to be some type of "modular" pistol with the ability to switch between a G17-length slide and a G19-length slide.
    Yippee ki-yay

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    + 30

But seriously, a quick search turns up an article from 2019 that states

So I'm not sure what the point was. Unless it was supposed to be some type of "modular" pistol with the ability to switch between a G17-length slide and a G19-length slide.
    It was designed to be a modular G17ish option for agencies. Uses a G19 RSA.

So it’s a G17 length G34 using a G19/45 RSA.

If you are an agency like Cbp, whom this was developed for with over 40,000 armed personnel and you don’t allow personally owned weapons modular it’s a good thing. As is only stocking one type RSA.

For Glock, it’s an opportunity to sell more guns to people who will buy it because the border patrol and the US Secret Service use it.

It is my understanding it is designed to be compatible with G19 components, a G47 slide will work on a G19, G19X and G45 frame where a G17 slide will not
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Got a link? I couldn’t find anything on glocks site and nothing online either. I wouldn’t mind having one to match my duty gun. But honestly I don’t think it really does anything my 17 can’t outside putting a 19 slide on it which so far I have yet to see and probably won’t. But cool none the less and I’ll buy one since I can’t buy my duty gun.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

It offers options. A G19 and G47 allow you to configure a G19, G45, G47, and G49 depending on what you feel would be more beneficial at the time.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Excellent. I am fairly sure I will be buying one to complement my G19.

This makes no sense. Classic Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    This makes no sense. Classic Glock.
    So far it's been an extremely successful formula.

User Tag List