Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    This gun seems to have sort of dropped off the radar. I guess everyone wanted one when they were unobtainium but now that they're a cataloged item we're all "merf" about them.
    Not being a Glock guy, they weren't on my radar at all until last week and now I'm...curious. It's not quite HCM's "the realization Glock is better meme" but I do see a certain utility in having 1 or 2 around.

Today I was reminded a 19.4 grip is either just a bit to short for me to get my complete hand on the grip or the finger grooves aren't placed right for my hand. The bottom of the frame hits the center of my pinky so if I don't pay attention the bottom of my finger gets trapped between the frame and mag floorplate during recoil. Not really painful but certainly distracting and attention getting.

Does the lack of finger grooves on the Gen 5 pistols seem to be a step forward or back? I'll try and handle a 19.5 soon™ and if it fits my hand better the 19.4, I could see the benefit of having a 19.5 and 47. My EDC is already covered so these would NOT be for carry. With that in mind, is there anything gained by having a 45 and 47 or would a pair of 47s make more sense?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Not being a Glock guy, they weren't on my radar at all until last week and now I'm...curious. It's not quite HCM's "the realization Glock is better meme" but I do see a certain utility in having 1 or 2 around.

Today I was reminded a 19.4 grip is either just a bit to short for me to get my complete hand on the grip or the finger grooves aren't placed right for my hand. The bottom of the frame hits the center of my pinky so if I don't pay attention the bottom of my finger gets trapped between the frame and mag floorplate during recoil. Not really painful but certainly distracting and attention getting.

Does the lack of finger grooves on the Gen 5 pistols seem to be a step forward or back? I'll try and handle a 19.5 soon™ and if it fits my hand better the 19.4, I could see the benefit of having a 19.5 and 47. My EDC is already covered so these would NOT be for carry. With that in mind, is there anything gained by having a 45 and 47 or would a pair of 47s make more sense?
    I have the same experience with G19.4's mostly. The grip is just a bit too short for my XL sized hands to fit comfortably. I also very easily get blood blisters reloading G19's. Last, the finger grooves especially crowd my 2nd knuckle as well, meaning I really feel trigger guard and "Glock knuckle", moreso than with a G17.4.

My verdict: removing the finger grooves helps in this regard.

I swapped one of my G19.4s for a G19.5 and in combination with the LT Grip Anchor, I find the grip just enough that I don't mind shooting it and have gone back to carrying a G19 in most circumstances vs. one of the slim line Glocks. The Grip anchor helps with the blood blisters on reloads as well.

I'm in the process of selling off my Gen 4's and buying Gen 5's. Not only are the Gen 5's more accurate out of the box, I'm left handed so I pick up the right side slide release so to me they're a worthwhile upgrade. I do feel the full size grip benefits from the finger grooves with my particular anatomy and locks the grip in place slightly better, but overall prefer the other features of the Gen 5's.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I've seen people say that the end of the slide that holds the recoil spring had more material intentionally added on the 48/48 to strengthen it. The idea is the "ring" that serves that purpose on the guns with flush dust covers has been larger and thinner since they went to double recoil springs, and can bend if dropped. Whether that is true, or the more obvious fact that you need to have something on the slide cover that area now (and you're replacing that polymer with steel) I'm not certain.
    That long recoil spring tunnel dates all the way back to the Gen1 17L.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Does the lack of finger grooves on the Gen 5 pistols seem to be a step forward or back?
    Depends entirely on your hand and your fingers.

The finger grooves never worked for me, so much so that I either had them removed on my Gen 3-4 guns or reverted to Gen 2 guns. I could not get a satisfactory grip with them in place.

I have an XL glove sized hand with much thinner than average fingers. The finger grooves actually did a very effective job of forcing my fingers to separate. The opposite of what you want in a grip.

There are many others, I think GJM is one, who find them quite satisfactory and may even prefer them.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    Nearly 30 pages of discussion on Glock’s 30th version of the same pistol. Oh wow, the dust cover is a different length! Now I can buy two guns to make one mediocre one! Awesome!

We should have a separate forum for all you old men and your Glocks.
    You certainly are tiresome.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Nearly 30 pages of discussion on Glock’s 30th version of the same pistol. Oh wow, the dust cover is a different length! Now I can buy two guns to make one mediocre one! Awesome!

What is as reliable at the same cost? I will wait for your professional insight.

Many of the people here, young and old have the credentials and moreover, the experience from being in the field.

For someone who works at a gun store and offers no useful information, heres your chance so please, enlighten us with your wisdom.

Moreover, to add credibility to your perspective, do you have anything to show the platforms you have experience with or how well you shoot them? Or does none exist?
    Last edited by coN; 05-01-2023 at 12:14 PM.

DFTFT
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    What is as reliable at the same cost? I will wait for your professional insight.
    To be honest I am incredibly uninterested in his 'professional' 'insight'

That’s fucking it, @mcgivro. Fucking gun shop employee trying to pass yourself off an industry professional and all you do is beclown yourself. Bye.
    #RESIST

User Tag List