Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

This is the first I’ve heard of a special G26, interesting.

Plenty of info about it scattered in the Gen 5 G26 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    To address some of the questions, I’ve never bothered trying the G47 slide on ya G19 frame. It has no appeal to me, I carry a G19 off duty and have no desire for it to have a longer barrel. The CBP G26 has 11 & 13 round magazines and will not take the std 10 round G26 magazine (I’d assume the 12 round G26 magazine wouldn’t work either but I don’t actually know). I was issued one door a while and was very impressed with how it shot and especially how it carried. For reference though, that one was the only G26 I’ve ever shot, I’ve never owned or shot one of the regular ones of any generation to my recollection so…maybe they’re all great…but ours goes to 11 and doesn’t have the weird cutout on the sides of the bottom of the grip.
    I haven’t personally handled the DHS G26 but I also believe the regular 12 round magazines wouldn’t work for it due to the lack of the cuts at the bottom sides of the frame. That’s what prevents the use of the regular 10 round magazines. The only thing that differentiates the 10 and 12 round mags is the floor plate so they should both be incompatible with the DHS G26. That’s pretty much why I’m not interested in it should it become available on the commercial market. I’ve got two regular G26s and don’t want one that’s suddenly incompatible with my existing mags.

Yes, the G26 in general is a great pistol. It’s probably my favorite Glock. I can’t wait to get mine milled for an RMR and start carrying it off duty again. I’ve been sticking with my RMR’d G19 for on and off duty use since I put the optic on it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I haven’t personally handled the DHS G26 but I also believe the regular 12 round magazines wouldn’t work for it due to the lack of the cuts at the bottom sides of the frame. That’s what prevents the use of the regular 10 round magazines. The only thing that differentiates the 10 and 12 round mags is the floor plate so they should both be incompatible with the DHS G26. That’s pretty much why I’m not interested in it should it become available on the commercial market. I’ve got two regular G26s and don’t want one that’s suddenly incompatible with my existing mags.
    I think the CBP Glock contract would be the best agency contract ever put together, but IMO the one-off Glock 26 that isn't actually a Glock 26 is a mistake for exactly that compatibility reason.

You know some poor soul is going to get mags mixed up, given the prevalence of Glock 26s as a POW off-duty gun among LEOs. I can see it happening even if you're a gun guy that knows the difference between a real Glock 26 and the not-a-Glock-26-Glock-26...running late, grabbing spare mags for the range or carry on your way out the door, so on.

Murphy's law.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

But…

Name:  EF93ABA2-53F7-40E4-9540-E2171048E5FA.jpeg
Views: 875
Size:  20.5 KB

This should all probably go to the other thread…sorry for the derail.

We’ve had these for a while now and I haven’t heard of any reliability issues from my Station or around our Sectow with the G47…they’re, kinda good. You know…for a Glock. I own every version of the full size frame Gen 5 Glocks (G17 & G45) except the G34 and…for me, having put a lot of rounds through all of them the G47 is…kinda gooder than the other ones. For reference, I was not a Glock shooter until it was announced we were getting them and other than a Gen3 G19 I had over a decade ago for a bit I’ve only ever shot the Gen 5 guns so don’t have decades of Glock shooting on any of the G17 series to have formed a preference for their particular “feel”. That being said, I’d take the G47 as an out of the box gun over the 45 or 17 for shootability (for my shooting style) every time. I also wouldn’t rush out and dump functional full size Glocks at a loss to replace them with these, but starting from scratch I wouldn’t own a G45 or G17 with these available (although my G45 with Mayhem Syndicate single port comp on it shoots flatter than my G47, so if you need a shorter slide for that reason the 45 is still pretty cool).

The real question is if they will replace the current G26 or offer the one they built for us…that’s a sweet little off duty blaster.
    Can you articulate why at all?

I want the G47 just because I enjoy the snub-nose look of the shorter dust cover vs the brick look of the 17.. but there's no other reason. Parts commonality with the 19, I guess.

It’s hard to articulate. I was talking about it with another Agent at a match on Sunday who has decades of competitive shooting experience with Glocks and we both agreed it is the softest shooting of the G17, 45 & 47. He also really liked the G45 when it was introduced and preferred it over the G17. He thinks it’s the extra mass on the slide that makes it softer than the G45 and that the G19 RSA and less mass of the G45 in conjunction with the full length grip is what makes that softer than the G17. I know that doesn’t really make sense but it’s the best we could come up with. 🤷 I mean…it’s subtle and at the end of the day it’s just a Glock so who cares. But if you like to nerd out on the minutia…you can really have a blast with those 3 guns. 😂

That's interesting, and almost makes me a little sad I will not have a gen5 17 to compare it to side-by-side. Either way, I think I am still getting one.

What about that one rumor I vaguely recall that Glock did factory Acro dovetail milled slides for the CBP? Was that a thing or one of my fever dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    That's interesting, and almost makes me a little sad I will not have a gen5 17 to compare it to side-by-side. Either way, I think I am still getting one.

What about that one rumor I vaguely recall that Glock did factory Acro dovetail milled slides for the CBP? Was that a thing or one of my fever dreams?
    The Glock factory milled ACRO footprint MOS exits. It’s limited to the G45 and only available to LE agencies at this time. My former PD is running them.

To address some of the questions, I’ve never bothered trying the G47 slide on ya G19 frame. It has no appeal to me, I carry a G19 off duty and have no desire for it to have a longer barrel. The CBP G26 has 11 & 13 round magazines and will not take the std 10 round G26 magazine (I’d assume the 12 round G26 magazine wouldn’t work either but I don’t actually know). I was issued one door a while and was very impressed with how it shot and especially how it carried. For reference though, that one was the only G26 I’ve ever shot, I’ve never owned or shot one of the regular ones of any generation to my recollection so…maybe they’re all great…but ours goes to 11 and doesn’t have the weird cutout on the sides of the bottom of the grip.
    I’ve been waiting for this special 26 since talk about the 47 started a few years back.

I want a 47 but I’m really waiting for this 26.

User Tag List