Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Do you have a link? I am not doubting, just curious.
    FWIW, I had the experience of Petzl liquid chalk making things worse in wet weather. At the last area match rain started during last two stages. I put some extra chalk and it turned into a soap. That's how this genius learned that chalk only works if it has a chance to dry out.
    That is my experience as well. Wet chalk is a slippery paste for me. I especially love chalk when it is cooler and my hands are less pliable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Do you have a link? I am not doubting, just curious.
    FWIW, I had the experience of Petzl liquid chalk making things worse in wet weather. At the last area match rain started during last two stages. I put some extra chalk and it turned into a soap. That's how this genius learned that chalk only works if it has a chance to dry out.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11411778/

There are other studies that contradict that conclusion, and there is an argument to be made that pistol shooting is different from climbing due to the fact that you're gripping the same object over and over again, allowing oils and stuff to accumulate, versus on rock, where you're likely to not stay on one hold too long. But IME, I have found chalk to not help any noticeable amount when my hands were clean and dry. Conventional climber wisdom is that chalk is useful primarily to dry out the hands and to absorb oils, and does not inherently add additional friction purely off the chalk itself (hence why folks will brush chalk off of holds that have an excessive amount).

Jedi Sauce works fine for me on a climate controlled indoor range setting. I don’t climb mountains and I’m not an athlete. I’m just a dude who likes to shoot guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Glock 46 comes up in every Glock thread.

I'll be the one to say it, Fuck the Glock 46.

Rotating barrel pistols range from meh to absolute dog shit.
    Thank you for your enlightening opinion. My 8045 and PX4CC disagree with your sentiment. On occasion I consider them wide little kitties though, and certainly many more parts than my 19.2, so the idea of mating the Glock simplicity to the accuracy nudge a barrel that stays in line with the intended target is appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    For those of you who have been issued the Glock 47 for a while:

Is the felt recoil of the Glock 47 the same as a Gen 5 Glock 17, when using the same ammunition in both? As I understand, the main difference is the different size RSA’s.
    To me it’s closer to the G45. Probably because it’s a G45…with an extra 1/2” of barrel/slide.

Thanks for the responses to my question about the 47 vs 17 recoil.

I’m curious enough about the 47 that if/when they’re available as a blue label purchase, I might grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBee View Post
    I don't fault Glock (Gaston, or the company) from not deviating from their business model.

I equate Glock to Honda Automobiles. Honda rarely makes significant changes to their best sellers, and infrequently deviated from their primary design philosophy. Why fix something that isn't broken? The only motivation to change is when the products don't sell. Glock has 35 years of experience, in the US market, to give them a lot of confidence.
    I was thinking Toyota and the Gen 5 4Runner, but same idea.

I don’t fault Glock either. I never was a huge Glock fan, but their Gen 5 guns have brought me around. I’ll consider this G47 for a few different reasons and maybe get one maybe not.

I'm a little surprised at all the negativity towards this release in the thread. This is a great step forward for Glock as a platform. Everyone I've been hearing bitch about not having 17 slide on a 19 frame option now has that option. If they do the same thing with the Glock 34, a lot of advantage is gained. Why is our first instinct to shit on an obviously good step?

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I'm a little surprised at all the negativity towards this release in the thread. This is a great step forward for Glock as a platform. Everyone I've been hearing bitch about not having 17 slide on a 19 frame option now has that option. If they do the same thing with the Glock 34, a lot of advantage is gained. Why is our first instinct to shit on an obviously good step?
    It's normal for the age of the internertz...

You can predictably cut/paste a batch of stock responses for anything the big G puts out, regardless of what it is:

1. Where is my G26 frame/ 34 slide gun? Glock FAIL!!!

2. This new gun is great but Glock waited too long and everyone else has it already. Glock FAIL!!!!

3. Why won't Glock make this in 10mm? Glock FAIL!!!!

4. They still haven't made the carbine that the rumor mill said they would twenty years ago...Glock FAIL!!!!!

5. They simply released a model made for a .mil/.gov contract, so they can help amortize the costs of developing it and bringing it to market? Glock FAIL!!!

...and so on.

It’s an all around bad enough idea that I’m totally not surprised that it’s the product of a government contract, and, Glock will sell tons of them and people will come up with all kinds of BS reasons why it’s awesomer than anything ever.

User Tag List