Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    The 47 only comes in MOS
    Not sure that's accurate for agency purchasing. I spoke with a regional LE sales rep 2 weeks ago who advised the 47 was available with the same direct mill/optics packages as the 45. He did say this was agency purchase only- IOP/Blue label was still only MOS/plates.

EDIT- Agency pricing on the direct mill/optics packages is pretty attractive- lower than the sum of agency prices for a MOS pistol, quality plate, optic, and appropriate BUIS. Also reportedly the quickest/easiest way to actually get a P2.
    Last edited by DpdG; 05-30-2023 at 02:20 AM.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Not sure that's accurate for agency purchasing. I spoke with a regional LE sales rep 2 weeks ago who advised the 47 was available with the same direct mill/optics packages as the 45. He did say this was agency purchase only- IOP/Blue label was still only MOS/plates.

EDIT- Agency pricing on the direct mill/optics packages is pretty attractive- lower than the sum of agency prices for a MOS pistol, quality plate, optic, and appropriate BUIS. Also reportedly the quickest/easiest way to actually get a P2.
    For real? How far could we be from Glock offering a direct mill Acro option to the general market?

I think I'll cease buying more Glocks before this turns out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    For real? How far could we be from Glock offering a direct mill Acro option to the general market?

This is Glock we’re talking about.

Could be never… or Lipsey’s could announce a limited run of 5000 tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post

It's been a thing for agency purchasing with the G45 for the better part of a year or so. They have a number of options for direct mill with factory mounted optics- RMR, SRO, 508T, 509T, ACRO.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    It's been a thing for agency purchasing with the G45 for the better part of a year or so. They have a number of options for direct mill with factory mounted optics- RMR, SRO, 508T, 509T, ACRO.
    Tactical Life did an article about the direct milled options for agencies and included this photo.
    Using Tapatalk

Man @GJM keeps costing me $$$.

Picked up a G47, compared it to my G45 over 400 rounds and two range sessions. Liked the handling/shooting of the 47 enough better that I decided to keep it. With my G19.5's having LTT grip anchors, I can see a case now where a G47 is *maybe* a better complement to a G19. Unless you just want the longer grip of the G45, don't care about slide length, and still want to retain holster compatibility with your G19's. But since I liked shooting the G47 somewhat better than the 45, it was enough to change my mind.

First time out with the G47, with OEM setup and sights:

Name:  RN8Cszj.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  48.7 KB

The G47 with EPS Carry, mounted on Calculated Kinetics Dogtag plate, with Ameriglo GL-455 sights, and GPT trigger installed. Look forward to wringing this out next range trip, potentially the new Glock-a-Toe.

Name:  kiY6SaL.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  43.7 KB

Haven't mastered the patience for lining up pics of red dots with sights yet, but here's a rough view of the GL-455's with RDS. If you line up the BUIS, it's about a lower 1/4 or 1/5th of the window, which works for me but wouldn't want them to be any lower or they'd be hard to pick up. To me, the GL-455's didn't seem like the "lower 1/3 co-witness on any Glock MOS" as suggested on the CK page for the sights, they're a bit lower than that. But that seems like what many here prefer.

Name:  uvIQ5Vk.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  15.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Man @GJM keeps costing me $$$.

Picked up a G47, compared it to my G45 over 400 rounds and two range sessions. Liked the handling/shooting of the 47 enough better that I decided to keep it. With my G19.5's having LTT grip anchors, I can see a case now where a G47 is *maybe* a better complement to a G19. Unless you just want the longer grip of the G45, don't care about slide length, and still want to retain holster compatibility with your G19's. But since I liked shooting the G47 somewhat better than the 45, it was enough to change my mind.

First time out with the G47, with OEM setup and sights:

Name:  RN8Cszj.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  48.7 KB

The G47 with EPS Carry, mounted on Calculated Kinetics Dogtag plate, with Ameriglo GL-455 sights, and GPT trigger installed. Look forward to wringing this out next range trip, potentially the new Glock-a-Toe.

Name:  kiY6SaL.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  43.7 KB

Haven't mastered the patience for lining up pics of red dots with sights yet, but here's a rough view of the GL-455's with RDS. If you line up the BUIS, it's about a lower 1/4 or 1/5th of the window, which works for me but wouldn't want them to be any lower or they'd be hard to pick up. To me, the GL-455's didn't seem like the "lower 1/3 co-witness on any Glock MOS" as suggested on the CK page for the sights, they're a bit lower than that. But that seems like what many here prefer.

Name:  uvIQ5Vk.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  15.4 KB
    You don't need a red dot. Very nice shooting.

Finally put this together and got to the range for a bit. I like it! Acro P2, FCD / TD plate, Glock performance trigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

47 is my favorite shooting Glock.

I have one with an Apex trigger and the other with the Glock performance trigger, and have come to prefer the Apex because it breaks further forward.

Name:  IMG_4039.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  90.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    47 is my favorite shooting Glock.
    Yep. Just got mine out to the range for the 2nd time, and it was the first time with the EPS as pictured above. Totally a soft, flat-shooting pistol. A G47 set up with GPT and RDS is pretty hard to beat, for a production service pistol. And for the lefties out there: very LH friendly.

User Tag List