Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I was so smitten with shooting the G47 with a 407CO optic, I bought a 2nd one to run just irons. Had I known a G49 was in the wings I'd have chosen that but the newer 47 is likewise a fantastic shooter. So I have three full size frames, G47x2 and a G45. Thinking of having the G45 frame cut to G26 to occassionally mate with the G45 slide or a 47.
    When Glock introduced the G45 I thought that they had had a brain fart and got it backwards. I really wanted a 19 frame with a 17 slide. I've since learned it was I that was backwards and have came to prefer the snappier and lighter slide.

Now I think that 26 Frame with a 19 slide, riding an a G34 or 17 AIWB holster may just be the perfect concealment setup. Come on Glock! You'll get to modularity yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Nice! Is that direct mount? What were you all shooting before?
    Mount is FCD, I think. We were a Gen 4 G23/35 agency from January 2012-January 2021, when we went to G47s for uniformed personnel and 19.5 MOS for criminal investigators.

For those who are running a Glock 47, Acro P2, and X300 (or similar full sized weapon light)…have you experienced any reliability concerns?

My agency will be moving from our .40 Glocks to 9mm Glocks in the near future. It’s between 45 MOS and 47 MOS. I have a personally owned 45 MOS with an Acro p2, x300u, and radian afterburner. It has been flawless. I’m just wondering about the additional 4 ounces of weight comparing the 45 to the 47, and the fact they run the same recoil spring. Years of being forced to carry a .40 Glock, and dealing with finicky light and gun combos, makes me obsessed over every ounce. I am leaning 47, but I have a slight apprehension regarding reliability when adding a heavier light and optic.

Also, I’m almost certain the approved department optic will be a P2. Should we just go direct MOS7 cut, or keep future options open and go reg MOS with mandated FCD and B&T only plates? We typically cycle new duty guns every 10 years…

I have a G45 set up similar to yours P2, X300U (but with a Mayhem comp) and a G47 with a Steiner optic (close enough to a P2 for this discussion) & X300U and haven’t had any problems with either of them. My work G47 with X300U (no optic) gets shot daily with my new gig with little to no PM…also no problems. I also run a G47 with X300U and a SRO with a performance trigger for USPSA, again no problems. I’m pretty satisfied with the G47 in a duty roll.

Site Supporter
    Has the 47 caught on? Anyone running one of these instead of a 45 or 17?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Has the 47 caught on? Anyone running one of these instead of a 45 or 17?
    Remember the 47 has only been widely available for a short time. They were initially only available to Fed agencies.

U.S. CBP / Border Patrol
    U.S. Secret Service
    Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA)
    NCIS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    For those who are running a Glock 47, Acro P2, and X300 (or similar full sized weapon light)…have you experienced any reliability concerns?

My agency will be moving from our .40 Glocks to 9mm Glocks in the near future. It’s between 45 MOS and 47 MOS. I have a personally owned 45 MOS with an Acro p2, x300u, and radian afterburner. It has been flawless. I’m just wondering about the additional 4 ounces of weight comparing the 45 to the 47, and the fact they run the same recoil spring. Years of being forced to carry a .40 Glock, and dealing with finicky light and gun combos, makes me obsessed over every ounce. I am leaning 47, but I have a slight apprehension regarding reliability when adding a heavier light and optic.

Also, I’m almost certain the approved department optic will be a P2. Should we just go direct MOS7 cut, or keep future options open and go reg MOS with mandated FCD and B&T only plates? We typically cycle new duty guns every 10 years…
    The following agencies are running G47s:

U.S. CBP / Border Patrol
    U.S. Secret Service
    Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA)
    NCIS

PFPA has been running 47s with P2s over a year.

USSS approved P2s for use on both the 19 and 47 a while back and will finally start issuing them next month.

CBP/USBP is still finalizing the details of their pistol optics roll out but their first (and so far only) approved optic is the P2.

All of these agencies have “serious” testing protocols for duty gear. If the weight of the P2 was a problem on the G47, these agencies would not have approved them.

The difference in weight between a stock / bare G45 and a G47 is only 1.4 ounces. Not to mention , what Gen .40 cal are we talking about? The WML /40 issues were with Gen 3s and only in 40/357 cal guns.

There are no reports of WML induced reliability issues in Gen 5 9mm Glocks.

Which is no surprise as most guns run best in the calibers they were originally designed for.

I have a G47 with SRO and X300 which is quickly become my favorite Glock and I’ve been shooting Glocks since 1989.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-30-2023 at 03:05 AM.

If you're moving to one optic for your agency, it would make a great deal of sense to go with the MOS 7 cut- as it eliminates the need for a mounting plate. My agency has been issuing G47's with the ACRO P-1 & P-2 for a few years now to speciality units (with TLR-1 HL's and some X300's), and I've not noticed any reliability issues arise from the 47's recoil spring assembly with or without the ACRO. If you go the MOS route, the FCD plate is an excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    When Glock introduced the G45 I thought that they had had a brain fart and got it backwards. I really wanted a 19 frame with a 17 slide. I've since learned it was I that was backwards and have came to prefer the snappier and lighter slide.

Now I think that 26 Frame with a 19 slide, riding an a G34 or 17 AIWB holster may just be the perfect concealment setup. Come on Glock! You'll get to modularity yet!
    You may have it backwards again. The SIG P320 X-compact is essentially a G26 size slide on a G19 size frame and it’s very handy, especially with an optic.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You may have it backwards again. The SIG P320 X-compact is essentially a G26 size slide on a G19 size frame and it’s very handy, especially with an optic.
    We are all different in what we need. For me, grip length is far more important than barrel/slide length. I'd have no issues carrying a G34 AIWB except for one thing. The grip prints terribly on me. For others it's not an issue. A 5" 1911 is the same, I have no issue at all with stuffing all that barrel in my pants, but that grip....

I'd carry most any sized gun except I want my shit concealed and I need a freaking micro grip to keep it hidden.

User Tag List