Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    What do you mean by “penultimate?” Which Glock is the “ultimate”—the 19?
    17 obviously. Since the 47 is the closest thing that’s not actually a 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I’m thinking about picking up a 47, but I have this nagging thought in my head saying…why not try a Shadow System instead.

Not a work gun, retired so that doesn’t apply. Anyone have any thoughts on this, own both, pros and cons.
    It seems like any time I hear anything on Shadow Systems guns is in the hands of end users and it has to do with them experiencing reliability problems.

Has anyone tried shooting the 47 slide on the 19 frame, ala G19L / rumored G49?

Curious how that shoots vs the 47 or a 19 with the Ramjet comp. Wondering whether it makes sense to get a 47 + a G19 frame as a sort of 1.5 pistols setup.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Has anyone tried shooting the 47 slide on the 19 frame, ala G19L / rumored G49?

Curious how that shoots vs the 47 or a 19 with the Ramjet comp. Wondering whether it makes sense to get a 47 + a G19 frame as a sort of 1.5 pistols setup.

I plan to do that soon. Anecdotally, the 47 feels about like a 19 with a Mayhem comp.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I plan to do that soon. Anecdotally, the 47 feels about like a 19 with a Mayhem comp.
    Looking forward to hearing what you think about that configuration as I've thought about doing the same.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    It seems like any time I hear anything on Shadow Systems guns is in the hands of end users and it has to do with them experiencing reliability problems.
    Or accuracy problems.

I have several Shadow Systems handguns. All have been perfectly acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The 47 is possibly the penultimate Glock in terms of performance, reliability and design. The Shadow guns of late have not been the best Shadow System pistols made. The availability of the Glock performance trigger is just icing on the cake.
    The new Glock-A-Toe: G47 + GPT + SRO. A match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    The new Glock-A-Toe: G47 + GPT + SRO. A match made in heaven.
    I am not a fan of the SRO, but like the rest.

After shooting rifles this afternoon, I dropped a 47 upper on a 19 lower, and fired ten shots at a two inch square. I liked the combination.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Or accuracy problems.
    I really wanted to like the shadow systems guns. Their frame feels like the the perfect version of a Gen 3 type Glock for me. I also really liked their mounting solution for their compensator models.

Unfortunately I’ve seen both reliability and accuracy issues in multiple examples. Every one can occasionally turn out a lemon but 1) IME the lemons out number the functional guns; and 2) the way they handled the issues with was to deny there was any issue and claim the accuracy issue was due to ammo and / or shooter incompetence. This despite three of these guns (the ones with accuracy issues) being shot with factory ammo by a USPSA GM who is a full time firearms instructor. Same ammo / shooter had no issues out of a Glock.

They seem to have taken “you suck and we hate you” customer service to a new level.

YMMV

User Tag List