Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but it'll probably be the standard safariland 7 series that everyone in my area uses for the exact combo you're being issued
    I'm not above buying one that fits a real light and is otherwise identical. And that's within policy.
    Last edited by Cory; 06-23-2023 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I'm not above buying one that fits a real light and is otherwise identical. And that's within policy.
    I had to do the same to run an x300 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What I have always liked about the Glock 34 is how soft it shoots. What I have not liked about the 34 is it seems more sensitive to ammo, needing higher power factor loads than the 17 and 19, and I have felt like the slide doesn't cycle as well as a 19.
    GJM's thoughts above rang in my head today during a match. I shot a dueling tree match (eight 5" plates at 10 yards or a little bit more) today. It's two shooters shooting and whoever can put all 8 plates on their opponents side wins. It's a lot of fun and it adds stress, which is great. I used my G34.5 with the 507Comp using the 8" horseshoe only. It worked quite well as it got me into the semi-finals.
    What stood out to me today was how soft the G34.5 was shooting with the 150 gr Syntech ammo I was using. It caught me off guard a couple of times because the slide was cycling so softly that I could not tell by feel that I had run out of ammo. We were limited to 10 rounds per magazine and there were some heated shoot-offs where 2 or 3 mags were needed to take the win. That's the first time I've ever experienced that. So, I'm thinking that the 150 gr Syntech is close to the edge for reliable cycling, but still reliable in my G34.5.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 07-22-2023 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    GJM's thoughts above rang in my head today during a match. I shot a dueling tree match (eight 5" plates at 10 yards or a little bit more) today. It's two shooters shooting and whoever can put all 8 plates on their opponents side wins. It's a lot of fun and it adds stress, which is great. I used my G34.5 with the 507Comp using the 8" horseshoe only. It worked quite well as it got me into the semi-finals.
    What stood out to me today was how soft the G34.5 was shooting with the 150 gr Syntech ammo I was using. It caught me off guard a couple of times because the slide was cycling so softly that I could not tell by feel that I had run out of ammo. We were limited to 10 rounds per magazine and there were some heated shoot-offs where 2 or 3 mags were needed to take the win. That's the first time I've ever experienced that. So, I'm thinking that the 150 gr Syntech is close to the edge for reliable cycling, but still reliable in my G34.5.
    I bet that load is 138 power factor out of a G34.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Walked out of the gun shop today with a blue label 47. $532 OTD. Guy behind the counter was like “you’re lucky, this one comes with plates. They’re not including plates anymore.” I didn’t tell him hell would freeze over before I used the OEM plates. Not worth the wasted air.

This top end may get sent off to Monsoon Tactical for the Lucky 7’s treatment. The big question is do I keep the frame?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Walked out of the gun shop today with a blue label 47. $532 OTD. Guy behind the counter was like “you’re lucky, this one comes with plates. They’re not including plates anymore.” I didn’t tell him hell would freeze over before I used the OEM plates. Not worth the wasted air.

This top end may get sent off to Monsoon Tactical for the Lucky 7’s treatment. The big question is do I keep the frame?
    Not sure about blue label, but the commercial ones come with the RMR footprint plate. It isn't terrible.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Such a fun idea for a match. Love it.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Not sure about blue label, but the commercial ones come with the RMR footprint plate. It isn't terrible.
    This came with the original crappy OEM plates.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    This came with the original crappy OEM plates.
    When I went to mount a Holosun on a G47, I pawed through a few different CHPWS plates, and ended up using the OEM plate, that I thought had better screw engagement. It has worked fine.

It has been "gospel" for years that the OEM plates are bad, but properly installed, I am not so sure they are a problem. What issues are you seeing these days with them?

Last several G47s I received came with RMR plates.

The OEM plates are just okay and can work. Generally though, OEM < CHPWS/FCD < direct mill.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List