Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: Glock 47 MOS

Some info on NIJ's handgun testing:

https://nij.ojp.gov/nij-compliance-t...oading-pistols

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    My 47 slide lives on my 19 grip frame. I’m crazy about and it shoots like a house afire
    So I decided to make my own @JHC Special(TM). I found an online seller offering complete G47 slides and bought one to put on my G19 frame to try out. I like the feel and should know how it shoots by this weekend.

This summer, the two Glock models I have been mostly shooting are a 47 and a 19 with a comp. Yesterday, I did something I haven't done -- shoot a 47 and a 19 (no comp) with the same G45 lower, both using the same ammo, Lawman 124 on the same challenging target array. Interestingly, at least yesterday, I found the 19 slide to be easier to shoot, as there seemed to be less dot movement.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This summer, the two Glock models I have been mostly shooting are a 47 and a 19 with a comp. Yesterday, I did something I haven't done -- shoot a 47 and a 19 (no comp) with the same G45 lower, both using the same ammo, Lawman 124 on the same challenging target array. Interestingly, at least yesterday, I found the 19 slide to be easier to shoot, as there seemed to be less dot movement.
    This seems to come back around every once in awhile. The shorter slide has always worked better for me tracking a dot. Which coincidentally most everyone says. But get caught up in whatever long slide is the flavor of the month. Then they go back to the shorter and go, huh.

Still personally think the g45 is the best Glock. I’ve always preferred the g17 grip over the 19. And pair it with the shorter slide. Gtg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    So far I'm not sure whether I like the G47 slide on the G19 frame better or the G19 in its standard configuration. It will require more shooting to decide. I'm not really much of a Glock guy, so it's not my top priority at the range -- but it is enjoyable.

I am more convinced, however, that I prefer the G19 frame geometry over the G17/G45/G47 grip frame. An exception to this is the G34 -- I had a Gen 3 G34 that I really liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    So far I'm not sure whether I like the G47 slide on the G19 frame better or the G19 in its standard configuration. It will require more shooting to decide. I'm not really much of a Glock guy, so it's not my top priority at the range -- but it is enjoyable.

I am more convinced, however, that I prefer the G19 frame geometry over the G17/G45/G47 grip frame. An exception to this is the G34 -- I had a Gen 3 G34 that I really liked.
    34 and 17 frames are the same?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    34 and 17 frames are the same?
    Yep I realize that, and I understand why my comment would be confusing.

I owned a Gen3 and a Gen5 G34. I don't usually care for finger grooves, but for some reason the ones on the Gen3 G34 worked for me. Something about the slide length and more muzzle-heavy balance made it easier for me to hit with. It's sort of the reason I wanted to try the G47 slide on the G19 frame, to get that same balance. I'm just not sure yet if I like it better than the standard G19 configuration.

Anyway, as I alluded to I'm really still a 1911 45 guy and not much of a Glock guy so this is just a learning experience for me.

My agency was kind enough to furnish each FI with a brand new G47 (brand new in the pic) equipped with a P2 ACRO and X300 for the purpose of teaching pistol-mounted optics. In a month, I've logged in approximately 3,200 rounds on this handgun. I'll log in some more rounds on the weapon this week, as I'm teaching a PMO class this week to our CAT team.

I'm very happy with this setup, as well as the SafariVault holster that I'm using.

Name:  IMG_6836 (1).jpg
Views: 785
Size:  83.2 KB

I was so smitten with shooting the G47 with a 407CO optic, I bought a 2nd one to run just irons. Had I known a G49 was in the wings I'd have chosen that but the newer 47 is likewise a fantastic shooter. So I have three full size frames, G47x2 and a G45. Thinking of having the G45 frame cut to G26 to occassionally mate with the G45 slide or a 47.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    My agency was kind enough to furnish each FI with a brand new G47 (brand new in the pic) equipped with a P2 ACRO and X300 for the purpose of teaching pistol-mounted optics. In a month, I've logged in approximately 3,200 rounds on this handgun. I'll log in some more rounds on the weapon this week, as I'm teaching a PMO class this week to our CAT team.

I'm very happy with this setup, as well as the SafariVault holster that I'm using.

Name:  IMG_6836 (1).jpg
Views: 785
Size:  83.2 KB
    Nice! Is that direct mount? What were you all shooting before?

User Tag List