P&S Modcast 306 - Optimal is not Universal

Panel:
    Darryl Bolke
    Chris Cypert
    Chuck Haggard
    Alex Sansone
    Claude Werner

Don't know how I missed this one
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

That was a good one!
    It addresses many of the issues raised in the "I don't carry a gun anymore" thread. I think a lot of folks get sick of/burned out on/realize they can't do the ATGATT CCW approach and many end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater thinking "If I can't carry a Fighting Pistol, I might as well not carry"
    Personally, I'm of the opinion that a single shot .22 Short derringer gives you a fighting chance in extremis when some foul goblin is about to shoot you in the back of the head after you comply with the robbery.
    https://twitter.com/indiacom/status/1570357344122589184

Sometimes SA, BJJ or a knife just won't answer.

Yes, that's a good one.

I've followed Claude's "Old Man Gun" ideas for a good while. Now, I'm an old man and I'm going down the 22 revolver in my pocket rabbit hole.

I have a 43c in my pocket and I can shoot it pretty well because I can shoot it a lot without hurting myself.

So guys, you guys have the juice, talk to the gun makers, let em know we need more .32 ACP 10 round pocket guns. Imagine am updated Walther TPH .32 10 rounds, or 10 to 12 round pocket Glock, LCP .32 original frame with 8 to 10 rounds. Heck you will laugh but I would love a 15 round .25 with a FMJ truncated solid at about 900-1000 fps from a true pocket pistol.

Heck and more .32 revos from the major manufactures, loved Darryl’s suggetion of a lighter LCR in . 32 mag! Also, why S&W has not exploited the .32 or .22 maf in the humpback Bodyguard in superlight configuration. I think the Smith poly Bidyguard would be awesome in .22 and .32!
    Great podcast, lots of valuable advice.
    Last edited by Polecat; 09-24-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Gang, can you offer any suggested reading on diffusing violence, aggressive behavior etc. much wisdom in the podcast that gets one thinking.

So in my profession, Medicine, it’s kinda like the more you know the more simple it gets. For example, as a young EMT I was wide eyed, gung ho, when I had a shooting call I would get anxious and excited, then 7 years later as a seasoned paramedic, I realized a basic EMT with good basic skillset could handle the majority of those shootings just as well, without the fluff advanced life support. The same with sparring in boxing, once you get hit a few times, you realize it is all about overcoming you and not your opponent, breathe, focus rely on your training and let go, hopefully you prevail.

Cannot wait to take a course from these guys! Come on down to the ATL, where the players play🙂

Dave

User Tag List