Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

Hammertime

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Hunting field mice in my backyard garden. Got to keep them out of the house, ya know? Lots of fun with the suppressed .22 pistol. Both first round hits too!

Man, I like how you roll, if it wasn't fer cats being cheaper than cans and work longer I would get a set up like that.

Site Supporter
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  57.8 KB

Coues White tail I killed at 300 yards two days after Thanksgiving, 2015. I hunted the far side of our nearest mountain range all day Friday with my son. He was sick the next day, and I waited to see if he'd feel better, but he didn't, so I went out for the afternoon by myself to a canyon near our place.

I was working my way back to my truck when I found a small group of does. I spent about twenty minutes stalking them and trying t turn one into a spike (I was hunting meat, but we can't kill does here), but none had any kind of antler. Right as I got to the trailhead, I saw another hunter next to the trail working some binos on a tripod. I sat down, back away from him, and waited for him to make his shot. He kept moving back and forth between his rifle and the binos, but didn't shoot. Finally, I hissed at him, and we had a talk. Turns out, there were two bucks, a 3x3 and a 2x2, on the opposite hill, but he wanted a bigger buck, so he offered to talk me into one of them and spot for me.

Well, like I said, I was hunting meat. The 2x2 was closer, at 300 lasered yards, but uphill from me. I laid my rifle across my backpack, took a solid prone position, watched him feeding until he turned broadside, bracketed his sternum and spine with my 200 and 300 yard reticle dots, and put a 100gr .243 through his left shoulder blade and lungs. Turns out he was quartering toward me a bit, so the bullet exited behind the ribs on the right side, and pulled some intestine out with it. He dropped at the shot and his legs twitched for a moment, and never moved after. I haven't killed that many deer, and this was my first buck, but even so, is was the fastest non-spine or head-shot kill I've ever seen.

By the time I navigated to his side of the canyon, it was back-side of the moon dark, and I couldn't find him. I had a good picture from my shooting position, though, and I was back at first light with some friends who helped me find him and get him out. It was plenty chilled up there that time of year, below 40F overnight, so I wasn't worried about spoilage. A coyote ate his tail during the night, though!
    Last edited by Duelist; 05-26-2016 at 09:50 PM.

Jan. 7 2016

Me and my Captain took a day off for the last day of antler less season in TN.

Two good-sized boys in a 2-man Ladder stand with my Tikka T3 CTR .260 Remington w Mk 4 Leupold and a Silencerco Harvester. In 50 mins we tagged out w 3 deer each from 200-350 yards and my first bobcat at 150 yards.

Seven shots, seven DRTs w Fed Premium 120 Ballistic Tips. We're gonna skip more this year...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  78.1 KB
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Man, I like how you roll, if it wasn't fer cats being cheaper than cans and work longer I would get a set up like that.
    22 CB caps work pretty well in rifles, being nearly noiseless. They work well in pistols but are not quite as quiet. They still work fine for shooting in the basement with ear protection.

My last hunt. It was an awesome trip! West Texas...

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Mine from last fall . Used the wife's Tikka T3 .308 with 165 gr Nosler Acubonds ,right at 200 yards ATTACH=CONFIG]8300[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Colt191145lover; 06-03-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Hunting field mice in my backyard garden. Got to keep them out of the house, ya know? Lots of fun with the suppressed .22 pistol. Both first round hits too!

How do you hunt them?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    How do you hunt them?
    Veeeeewwwy Quietwy.

Spot and stalk, man. It started with me cutting grass and seeing what I first thought was a chipmunk. Realizied it was a mouse that close to my house and the game was afoot.
    Last edited by ASH556; 06-05-2016 at 11:42 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

After 10 years of trying, I finally succeeded in bowhunting tonight. Far from the biggest deer in the woods, but you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Can't wait to taste that jerky either!

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List