Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    Springbok Hunt in the Free State, South Africa

Shot with a Remington 700 AAC-SD
    Would like to trade a hunt in Wyoming with you

What suppressor is on there?
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 11-09-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    #RESIST

Bunnie safari in the yard. Uberti Navy Colt copy, 36 cal round ball, 30 grs 3-F powder. One handed shooting.

Name:  IMG_2612.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  36.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Would like to trade a hunting Wyoming with you

What suppressor is on there?
    Haha, I think as long as you are outdoors in the bush, you can hunt anywhere.

Its made by a local company called Numenor. Its a reflex suppressor.

One thing we have going for us in South Africa is that all types of suppressors are legal and barrel length is not an issue.

Africa is just great hunting. We are talking about a return trip to Namibia next year. This from a few years ago:

Name:  zeb - 1.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  76.5 KB

I know for a fact that a certain forum member needs to update this thread
    #RESIST

Georgia legalized hunting with silencers for the 2014 season. Unfortunately I didn't get my stamp back in time to take advantage of it in 2014. I remedied that fact on Saturday, though. We had rain including some wind, thunder, and lighting until noon. That didn't deter me, though. With this week historically showing lots of rut activity, I had determined to sit all day regardless of the weather. By 6:45 AM I was 30 ft up a red oak on a hardwood ridge bordering some planted pines with some good rub and scrape sign in front of me. I saw tons of squirrels and a couple turkeys buy no deer. By 4:00 I was getting tired. A Summit Viper is a very comfortable stand, but anything gets old after 9.5 hrs; especially when everything is soaked. At about 4:15 I stood up to stretch my legs and turned around to check the creek bottom. I saw a sapling shaking like crazy and saw a gray body, but couldn't make out much else. I grabbed my rifle and dialed the scope up to 10X and saw that it was a decent-bodied spike (turns out one side was split, so technically a 3pt, but whatever). We are completely out of venison and my wife told me not to come home from an all-day hunt without deer blood on my hands, so I lined up the crosshairs on his shoulder and pressed the trigger. He jumped and ran about 25 yds before giving it up. He was slighting quartering to me at the shot and I was probably 100+ feet above him. The bullet entered just above the shoulder blade and exited in the far armpit. Bullet was a 150gr Federal Fusion. You can see the entrance wound below and the exit was roughly 1.5X the size. Not the huge blowout you see from cup & core bullets, but it did it's job and with probably less meat damage.
    Rifle: Remington 700 LTR, .308 Win.
    Scope: Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10X40 M3 in Nightforce rings and base
    Suppressor/Dragging handle: AAC SDN-6

Oh, and who says you can't hunt out of a Honda Civic?

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Well done, Ash! You couldn't gut him in the woods?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well done, Ash! You couldn't gut him in the woods?
    Thanks man, I did, just not where he fell. I dragged him about 100 yds to the dam and did it up there. Closer to water to wash up with. He's gutted in the cooler pic above.
    Last edited by ASH556; 11-09-2015 at 10:50 AM.
    Food Court Apprentice

Hunting field mice in my backyard garden. Got to keep them out of the house, ya know? Lots of fun with the suppressed .22 pistol. Both first round hits too!

Food Court Apprentice

Fat Jack

For size reference, the rifle is a 20" barreled Marlin Mountie Model 39.

User Tag List