Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

WyoXD, doing a good job raising them up right! Where are you at? My dad's ranch is east of Douglas.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    WyoXD, doing a good job raising them up right! Where are you at? My dad's ranch is east of Douglas.
    Thanks a lot. We're in Laramie, but we hunt about an hour west near Elk Mountain(where I grew up).

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by WyoXd; 10-02-2012 at 11:53 AM.

All by himself. This morning while hiking. Must have carried it 50 yards after running it down and killing it just to show me. I made sure it was humanely put down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    #RESIST

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    #RESIST

L.L. - Talk about "raising them right"!!! That is awesome beyond science's ability to measure awesome!

Great pics all. Awesome trophies.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Self Propelled Pop Up Targets!

Couple of Jacks from a few years back:

And the old .357 Flattop:

Sparks leather:

LR, where were those photos taken? Loving the view.
    #RESIST

Lost River, what's your technique for getting that "patina" on the Ruger?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    LR, where were those photos taken? Loving the view.
    I forgot all about this thread!

The pics were from southern Idaho, down near the Nevada border, out on the "Sagebrush Sea".

In regards to the "Patina", I rescued this gun.

It looked much worse than it does now. Gunwriter John Taffin donated an ejector rod length barrel and a grip frame for the project and very kindly taught me how to swap frames one day after a gun show. This is now my "Taffin" gun.

As rough as it looks, the internals are bright and smooth and it shoots straight as an arrow.

The cool thing is that I don't have to worry about scratching it up when I am out bumming around in the mountains and deserts.

Smoked this yote at 324 yds on a slow trot w/my 30-06. I didn't lead him quite enough & hit him a little far back. It spun him around and he ran off about 50 yds. He was easy to track in the snow though. When I found him, he was still alive & quite pissed to say the least. A 230gr .45 JHP to the base of the neck put him down for good though.

I shot this one basically at point blank range w/a 75gr BTHP out of an old Armalite AR I used to have. Called him right in w/a squealer call.
    I hit him in the neck and this was the exit wound. Pretty wicked.
    Last edited by WDW; 04-29-2013 at 08:56 PM.

User Tag List