Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

I only had a doe tag this year. Filled it this morning.

Name:  IMG_0575.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  58.0 KB

55 grain Hornady GMX vs diller under nods with laser. First round body shot and he went a jumping and then a follow up to the head.

Got my first opportunity at birds behind pointers yesterday. Pheasant, Chukar, and Quail. Man, what a blast! Took these two Roosters as my first two shots. Beautiful birds!

Name:  FEDEF4A1-45A8-4E2E-9F79-D065E4BE6733.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  84.7 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Ambushed a raccoon that was raiding the feeder in the pig pen.
    Thirty four yards from my bedroom window at 0214.
    55gr Remington Pointed Soft Point.

Name:  dead raccoon ambush.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  25.5 KB

Here's the rifle that did it.

Name:  Cross_Machine_Tool_LH_AR_Upper.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  46.2 KB
    Last edited by Andy in NH; 11-04-2018 at 09:54 PM.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Snagged a doe earlier this week, and here is her heart & liver.

5.56x45 75gr Hornady TAP T2 @ ~85yds. Bullet was caught in the hide trying to exit the opposite side. I found it, but lost it in the grass under the gut pile. Looked mostly intact.

Last Saturday in the GA woods. Spent most of 12hrs in the stand (got down 9-12 to help a buddy drag out his first buck, a spike). Pretty weather and nice view:

Saw 8 or 9 deer total, can't remember exactly. All small bucks except for one doe. Finally, an hour before dark I determined I wasn't going home empty-handed. With 3 little ones my woods time is more limited and the boys want jerky, so I let go on this little 7pt. He'll eat good. First time I've ever tried a straight-on shot, but that's what I had to work with. 50 yds, through the neck into the top of the spine. Dropped on the spot. 64gr Speer Gold Dot.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Snagged a doe earlier this week, and here is her heart & liver.

5.56x45 75gr Hornady TAP T2 @ ~85yds. Bullet was caught in the hide trying to exit the opposite side. I found it, but lost it in the grass under the gut pile. Looked mostly intact.
    You can keep that liver. Yuck. But if you cut out the sploded part of that heart it'll make some damn good chicken fried steak strips after a lot of cold salt water soaking. Best I've ever had! Too bad you lost the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    You can keep that liver. Yuck. But if you cut out the sploded part of that heart it'll make some damn good chicken fried steak strips after a lot of cold salt water soaking. Best I've ever had! Too bad you lost the bullet.
    No pics, but I thin sliced the heart and "pan fried" it (folded tin foil bowl) in some salted butter and Tabasco over my camp stove that night. Beat the hell outta last few days of freeze dried dinners.

Had a slow start to the season but put this guy down at 32 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in RI it's muzzleloader season for deer and I haven't had a muzzleloader for a few years. I had to sell the TC Hawken I had since I was a kid to pay some bills a few years back.

I was out squirrel hunting today and got a few but as I was making my way back to my car I had a large buck 50 yards away watch me walk by. I waved and said hi. He didn't move. Kinda frustrating
    Attachment 32444

User Tag List