Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Friday I got this small 8 pt with a single load of Federal Flite Control #1 buckshot. Range about 20 yards.

I counted 8 holes in his right lung but I think perhaps some were made by multiple pellets close together. I couldn't account for all 15 pellets individually.

Attachment 33131

Attachment 33132
    @JHC, what was his reaction to the shot? Drop or did he run a bit? I've wanted to take one with a shotgun, but buckshot vs slug, distance, other cool rifles have always kept me from it.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    @JHC, what was his reaction to the shot? Drop or did he run a bit? I've wanted to take one with a shotgun, but buckshot vs slug, distance, other cool rifles have always kept me from it.
    Interesting question. Each deer I've double lunged with a rifle took off like a shot, at the shot then fell in 20-30 yards, with the exception of one small doe dropping at the shot in place from a .30-30. Neck and spine shots, sure, bang flops again.
    With the exception of the bang flops, I've not noticed any reaction but to run.

This one crumpled into a crouch, then got to running VERY badly like both legs on one side were shorter than the other two. He fell in about 15 yards and that was that, as they say.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Solo hunt with one of the pups on Thanksgiving afternoon.

Name:  thanksgiving-hunt.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  102.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_1917 2.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  71.3 KB

Just took the i-phone today -- dog still did a good job.

Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

This weekends hunt. Started off at a friends place in Camp Wood Tx looking for hogs. And we did not see a damn thing from 10p-7a. Game cams show those feeders full of hogs ever night. Nothing. So we stopped by another friends place up in Junction, Tx, and the Axis were all over the place. Took an 84lb doe. I would love to say it’s a “hunt”, but I just shot off the porch. Feeder is lasered at 148 yards. Not too difficult a shot. Good times with friends, and got to bring my son along.

This is the view from the porch one night, where the owner puts out alfalfa bales out, and the deer walk right up. But we don’t shoot those. Got to keep it a little sporting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gadfly; 01-10-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Went hunting with a buddy this weekend. His kill, not mine. I just snapped the photo.

Name:  IMG_E3033.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  101.9 KB

I did participate in this "kill"...

Name:  IMG_3022.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  54.8 KB

Saw lots of great game... it was a good trip.

Name:  IMG_3113.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2990.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  87.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3141.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  88.8 KB
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

My daughter's first buck is done at the taxidermist. He sent me a couple of pics today. She is stoked!! Should be able to scoop it up Sunday.

Name:  IMG_1642.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1643.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  38.1 KB
    Last edited by cornstalker; 05-31-2019 at 08:40 PM.

South Africa 2019

Just got back from a return trip to South Africa. Had a great time and also spent a few days in Kruger National Park. Wife took about 1700 pictures. I only took a few shots - apparently I subconsciously decided to clear all the "W" on the checklist this time.

Old Wildebeest bull:
    Name:  IMG-8912.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  101.4 KB

Nice Waterbuck, shot after a fun stalk against the most beautiful sunset backdrop ever:
    Name:  DSCN0728-1.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  74.2 KB

Warthog -- weighed out at 203lb. (You should see his monster cousins running around Kruger...)
    Name:  IMG-8940.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  82.1 KB
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 06-15-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

So. Jelly.
    #RESIST

User Tag List