Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

Let's kick this off....

The below coyote was hit in the chest at a little over 200 yards (he was sitting on his haunches) with a .25WSSM ballistic tip handload. The round exited his hip, sent him spinning, and I still had to track him a hundred yards or so into a small cave and finish him with a Glock. Coyotes are tough.

#RESIST

Nice coyote! I have zero luck with seeing or calling in coyotes.

Here is a few of mine.

Hunting Jacks with my Colt match target years ago. These two were running together.

Dove hunting in the desert next to a mud puddle temp was around 110 but it was a dry heat

Rifle went down earlier this year on a multi day javelina hunting trip so I just went out to help scout for my buddies with my normal carry gear at the time. Fox just happens to be in season at the same time with the option of centerfire pistol.

I got him with my first shot from the draw just above the front legs severed the spine. I would of never tried this prior to taking pistol classes like Chris L, Mike Pannone and AFHF but I was confident I could get a good hit. This was my favorite hunting shot to date and my phone was dead from being stuck roaming all day.

Kit Fox steaks in camp
    Last edited by Pennzoil; 09-21-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Here is my hunting picture from just over a week ago. 338-06 at 304 +/- yards, one shot to heart/lung, fired from slung/prone from in the cover across the water behind me. Glock 29 back-up, not required.Name:  moose 2.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  99.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is my hunting picture from just over a week ago. 338-06 at 304 +/- yards, one shot to heart/lung, fired from slung/prone from in the cover across the water behind me. Glock 29 back-up, not required.
    Holy Shnikies!!! Nice moose. That background is surreal. It almost looks painted.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Here is my hunting picture from just over a week ago. 338-06 at 304 +/- yards, one shot to heart/lung, fired from slung/prone from in the cover across the water behind me. Glock 29 back-up, not required.
    Wow, You're going to need a bigger freezer.

We are diminished
    My dog loves moose antlers... just sayin' ...

Here is my hunting picture from just over a week ago. 338-06 at 304 +/- yards, one shot to heart/lung, fired from slung/prone from in the cover across the water behind me. Glock 29 back-up, not required.Name:  moose 2.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  99.5 KB
    What a moose!!!! WOW!

338-06, what a neat cartridge too. (so I've read )
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Here's a mangy coyote I got a couple years ago...called it in to about 25 yds and nailed it with some 00 out of my Benelli (never even twitched...truly DRT).

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Let's kick this off....

The below coyote was hit in the chest at a little over 200 yards (he was sitting on his haunches) with a .25WSSM ballistic tip handload. The round exited his hip, sent him spinning, and I still had to track him a hundred yards or so into a small cave and finish him with a Glock. Coyotes are tough.

I never realized that VA was so flat and desolate...

Lots of friends to share the moose meat. Todd, I have plenty of moose antlers around, which your dog is welcome to, but this bull is a once of a lifetime animal, and will end up on a wall.

As long as we are sharing pictures, here are two from our second sheep hunt this August to the Brooks Range. We climbed on top of a mountain to hunt down on three rams, got caught by weather, camped on top and were greeted by snow on the morning of August 26th.

Name:  camp 1.jpg
Views: 1663
Size:  64.0 KBName:  camp 2.jpg
Views: 1622
Size:  97.4 KB

User Tag List