Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting pictures thread (possibly gory)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Probably is possible, but I’ve dumped as much cash into this hunt as I’m willing to dump....... still waiting on the delivery bill for the meat, as well as the bill for the custom ivory/platinum necklace. Not to mention we don’t have a single room in the house with a ceiling tall enough for this mount......... had the guide adjust the angle, and even with that, we’re going to have to do some creative decorating to make it fit.

Glad to see you (figuratively)..... hope you and yours have a great holiday season.
    Luckily, when my girl moved in I had good walls for her mounts. Thankfully, Bullwinkle is mounted on the "sneak" at a downward angle.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Took this doe this morning as a follow up to my 8pt posted on the previous page. Same stand, same gun. Really really liking this setup for many things including hunting. The 64gr Gold Dot did its job again.

Name:  893706BA-2EFB-4324-B93A-8FF7055D71E8.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  104.3 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Not gory.

Name:  A776BA5C-D021-4BB3-849A-AC9A40B1DBB4.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  64.3 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Death to pests:

Name:  D81B5178-76F6-4E44-B796-4C0125373AEA.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  68.1 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Hunted in the snowstorm on Thursday. Shot a...few ducks
    Attachment 22837

Got invited to one of the nicest duck clubs in NC (and arguably the East Coast) again this year. Great bunch of guys and I always treasure each hunt there. Until you put in the time to public hunt and understand the work that goes into hunting, especially duck hunting in our area, you take hunts like this for granted:
    Attachment 22838
    Shoot more, post less...

200 yards, 300BLK out of a 8.5” SBR. 125 Hornady SST. One shot to the noggin, perished immediately on impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groundhog 1 had been living under my new deck. Been trying to get her for a while and finally got my shot last week. Was so close I needed to use my trusty Buckmark.

Name:  DSC_2116.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  103.3 KB Name:  DSC_2117.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  52.3 KB

Groundhog 2 had been living under my shed for too long. He didn't get the point after Groundhog 1 departed. So moments later Groundhog 2 got an extra hole in his head via my CZ 452.

Name:  DSC_2115.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  102.5 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Old guy, old eyes, old rifle. One shot one kill. 30-06

Name:  Opening day garand 11a.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  37.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post

This is my buck from last fall. I had a friend that gave me some areas to check out, since he had spent a lot of time scouting, and had tagged a smaller, but still nice 4x4 buck in the same area during the early muzzleloader season. I hiked several miles in to get at this guy. I had just about given up, and was picking which of three ridges to hike back up, when he broke cover out of the draw and scrub directly in front of me... hightailing it for the next county. All I saw was a WIDE rack, and a big white butt going away from me. I sat down, slung up, popped the caps on the scope and put a single 180gr Accubond handload through his boiler room, all in the space of scant seconds after I saw him break cover. Distance was only about 90-100 yards across the draw.

I didn't have time to get buck fever, or debate if I wanted to shoot him or not. I had been holding out the last several years for a bigger buck, and passed on a lot of small ones. I didn't even know exactly how many points he had, or how big he really was until I walked up to him on the ground. Right at 30" wide... not a high number score, with the shallower forks (160-170?), but I'll probably never shoot another deer this big in my life. I could not drag him uphill after field dressing, so I ended up quartering him. He had to have been 200 lbs+ on the hoof.

Finances, work, not drawing tags, and other considerations have kept me from big game hunting this year. It's a bummer... so I may have to make due with chasing chuckars in the desert, or maybe find a field to walk for pheasants.
    I don’t think there’s a more beautiful big game animal in North America than a big muley buck.

Congrats!

My thirteen-year-old daughter got her first buck today. I couldn't be more proud. We coached her to aim for the bald spot behind the point of the shoulder. She center punched it. 150 yards. 6.5 Creedmoor, 130 grain Sierra Gamechanger over IMR4451.

Name:  IMG_0559.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  56.0 KB

User Tag List