Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Ed Head - Gunsite Ops Manager/Instructor, USBP (ret) & my uncle

RIP Ed Head - Gunsite Ops Manager/Instructor, USBP (ret) & my uncle

https://afimodi.com/ed-head-gunsite-...as-died-death/

Most people familiar with Gunsite knew Ed. Not many probably knew that he was my mother's twin brother, named after their father who himself was a WWII B24 Pilot in the Army Air Corp who went on to retire from the USAF as a Colonel.

Ed was my introduction to "real guns" when we visited him in San Diego when I was 15, and who remained a hero of mine for most of my life thereafter. We didn't keep in touch much outside of facebook (one of the many negative side effects of FB is that you find yourself not having to put in the effort to "stay in touch" until you realize you should be putting in effort after it's too late).

Ed Head Death – Ed Head, who was a Gunsite instructor and operation manager for more than 20 years reportedly died on Friday, 16, 2022. Ed is a retired Border Patrol Agent who trained with and taught for Jeff Cooper. He teaches pistol, rifle, and shotgun and when he’s not working at Gunsite he writes for the NRA and The Outdoor Channel.

Ed Head produced the monthly “Skills Check” column in the magazine for more than a decade, along with countless gun and gear reviews both in print and online.

Shooting Illustrated announced the unexpected passing of Ed Head on their social media page, they wrote – “Shooting Illustrated is saddened to hear of the passing of longtime Field Editor Ed Head. Head produced the monthly “Skills Check” column in the magazine for more than a decade, along with countless gun and gear reviews both in print and online.”

“As Director of Training at Gunsite Academy, Head taught shooting skills to thousands of law-abiding citizens, law enforcement officers, and members of the military.”

“Prior to his time a Gunsite, he served a full career as an agent in the U.S. Border Patrol. Shooting Illustrated sends its heartfelt condolences to the Head family, his large circle of friends, and all those who learned something from this master of teaching.”
    Last edited by rob_s; 09-16-2022 at 12:06 PM.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Really sorry for your loss, Rob. We are all diminished. Thanks for letting us know, and for sharing a bit of yourself.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    My condolences to you and your family Rob. Godspeed Ed.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I am sorry for your loss.

Rest easy, sir!

Honor First!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

We are diminished. Sorry for your loss.

He was read and respected by many. Far more than ever commented online or otherwise. His knowledge has been passed on and will continue to be due to his writings.

A better generation for sure.

Rest In Peace Sir.

My condolences, Rob.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Condolences Rob.

It sounds like he led a life well lived. May he Rest In Peace.

Condolences, Rob.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List