Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RIP Ed Head - Gunsite Ops Manager/Instructor, USBP (ret) & my uncle

thanks everyone. It's nice to see Ed had such an impact. He and I are the (conservative) black sheep of the (liberal) family and it appears he had a greater impact and following (and love?) from those in our community.

Looks like I will not be able to make the service. Appears it will be at Gunsite, which is 2 hours from any airport, and in turn is a $600+, 7hr-each-way, flight.

If anyone familiar with the area has any "hacks" for traveling in and out of the area, particularly in these times, I'd appreciate any tips.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Really sorry for your loss, Rob. We are all diminished. Thanks for letting us know, and for sharing a bit of yourself.
    This.
    #RESIST

Rob sorry for your loss. How fortunate you were to have his influence in your life. We could use a lot more like him.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

memorial was at Gunsite this past weekend. Sadly I couldn't make the travel arrangements work. My mom (Ed's twin) and other uncle (Ed's younger brother) both made it. Mom & Ed's birthday is tomorrow.

I've seen most of the old pics in the video my whole life.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My condolences, Rob.

RIP Ed.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Although I'd read of Mr. Head's passing, I just now saw this post.

My sincerest condolences to you and yours, Rob.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

My condolences, Rob, to you and your family.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I'm sorry for your loss.

I never met Ed or went to Gunsite, but I use this GunTalkTV video often when folks are talking about holsters, or 1911 thumb safeties, showing Ed Head demonstrate the draw stroke. The draw stroke part is so important to me, I don't really remember what's on the video after about the 2:25 mark.

User Tag List