Thread: Holosun Optics

Holosun Optics

Is there a cheat sheet or cliff notes list to understanding Holosun's optics? I've had people ask me about them and aside from saying "they seem fine" I don't know how to actually respond. I looked at a few of their stuff and a lot seem very similar and hard to see the price difference.

I can explain the difference in AimPoints. But usually if someone is asking about AimPoints they want the PRO. People who buy the T1/T2 already know why they're buying that. With Holosun ...IDK it's a bunch of letters and numbers

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Is there a cheat sheet or cliff notes list to understanding Holosun's optics? I've had people ask me about them and aside from saying "they seem fine" I don't know how to actually respond. I looked at a few of their stuff and a lot seem very similar and hard to see the price difference.

I can explain the difference in AimPoints. But usually if someone is asking about AimPoints they want the PRO. People who buy the T1/T2 already know why they're buying that. With Holosun ...IDK it's a bunch of letters and numbers

“5” means multi reticle, “4” is just a single reticle. 4 and 5 series are open emitters.

“K” means slimline footprint.

509T is sealed with a proprietary footprint.

EPS and EPS Carry are sealed with a slimline footprint.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What about HS? HS405-B, HS550...etc

Can someone 'splain to me the difference between the EPS and the EPS carry? They both share the 507K mounting footprint, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Can someone 'splain to me the difference between the EPS and the EPS carry? They both share the 507K mounting footprint, correct?
    Yes. Both have the same mounting system, 507k/RMSc. The EPS has a similar width to an RMR, 507c, and 509t, and is slightly wider than the slide of a double stack Glock. The EPSc is smaller, and will not overhang a G19. It's best suited to smaller guns like single-stack glocks or p365s. I plan on putting the EPSc on a G26.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

So, is the EPS supposed to be the new 509T? Seems like they overlap (except for mounting solution, of course...)

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    So, is the EPS supposed to be the new 509T? Seems like they overlap (except for mounting solution, of course...)
    I wouldn't say that. The EPS is the new RMR/507c. Compact, light, but with a enclosed emitter.

The 509t is more of a competitor of the Acro. It's a heavy duty unit made of titanium.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

LET'S GO BRANDON!

User Tag List