Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipping a gun to a gunsmith

Shipping a gun to a gunsmith

Refresh my memory.

I need to bring it to a FedEx hub. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Refresh my memory.

Unsure. Need to send a couple of revolvers to Devoid and I think easiest way might be drop off at an FFL and have them figure it out. It is getting ridiculous.

I only used UPS, which I guess is no longer an option. Packed everything in a new non-descript box, smith emailed me a shipping label and I dropped it off at a local UPS store. The only fun part was telling the UPS clerk per policy "this is a firearm" and watching all the other customers get real quite and take a step back..

here's fedex, looks like we are going to be stuck with using a local FFL now
    https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping...-firearms.html

Shippers with a Federal Firearm License

Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. Also, you must be an approved firearm shipper with a signed contract on file with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.

Refresh my memory.

Just looked. Starting Q3 of 2021 FedEx no longer accepts from private shippers. They now only accept from FFL or C&R Licensees.

Grrrr!
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Theoretically USPS still ships title 1 long guns from non-FFLs to FFLs, but I just tried to do so today and the clerk wouldn't do it unless she got approval from a manager, and apparently all the managers were unavailable. She did say that I could take it to the big USPS hub down the road and see if they'd do it :P

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Just looked. Starting Q3 of 2021 FedEx no longer accepts from private shippers. They now only accept from FFL or C&R Licensees.

Grrrr!

I stopped at a local ffl recently and they said the new policy was not for all FedEx. Just that individual ones can opt out. Reading your link makes me think it is all of them.

I called FedEx today and asked where the nearest shop was where I could ship a gun from and they didn't mention I had to be a ffl.

There's not a direct number so I guess I'm driving an hour to find out.

I stopped at a local ffl recently and they said the new policy was not for all FedEx. Just that individual ones can opt out. Reading your link makes me think it is all of them.

I called FedEx today and asked where the nearest shop was where I could ship a gun from and they didn't mention I had to be a ffl.

There's not a direct number so I guess I'm driving an hour to find out.
    Dude, First off, I am going to go way out on a limb here, and assume that we are talking handguns; I mean, it’s P-F, and anything a shockwave needs, you’d do in your basement or garage.

That said, Bud’s ship my gun service is your friend. Hell, it’s almost *everyone’s* friend here. Get a label from them (+/- $40-45) and just drop that thing off.

Your ‘smith will need to have an FFL. If they don’t—and this is damn sad to say—you will need another gunsmith. In the new promised world, an FFL license probably goes hand-in-hand with being a gunsmith, because, busybodies and increasing red tape.

JMO.

But seriously:

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/

You’re welcome.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Ryan, FFL to FFL the easiest and least expensive option is US Mail. Priority with insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Your ‘smith will need to have an FFL. If they don’t—and this is damn sad to say—you will need another gunsmith. In the new promised world, an FFL license probably goes hand-in-hand with being a gunsmith, because, busybodies and increasing red tape.
    Your gunsmith is already required to have an FFL if he keeps your gun overnight.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Please redirect me if I am off, but it appears USPS, UPS, FEDEX no longer options. I cannot find Devoid at Tarnhelm on the ship my gun application, so I will have to use an FFL, correct?

Is there something I can do different in shipmygun.com?

Thanks peoples.

User Tag List