Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATF searching for large amount of 9mm ammunition stolen from Wilmington, RDU

ATF searching for large amount of 9mm ammunition stolen in NC

The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is searching for two vehicles in connection the theft of a large amount of Winchester 9mm ammunition.

Per an ATF alert, the ammo was stolen from freight line shipping containers in Wilmington, Raleigh and Durham.

https://www.wect.com/2022/09/15/atf-...aleigh-durham/
    Last edited by Amp; 09-15-2022 at 04:16 PM.

"Individuals responsible for the thefts may attempt to sell the ammunition to area Federal Firearms Licensees."

Wow. Really?

I know nothing.
    #RESIST

Define, “A large amount of 9mm ammunition”. I’ve seen news outlets talk of a, “massive arsenal of 200 rounds”. Yet I’d bet some of you may be concerned about your floor joist not being able to support your annual training ammunition stash.

Site Supporter
    Isn't the IRS looking to buy a lot of guns and ammo?
    --Jason--

That notice has sketchy all over it. Makes it sound like someone took shipping container full loads from 3 different cities using only a car and a SUV. ???

I'm pretty sure it's all heading to Mexico or Chicago. Heck, maybe it's already there. LL?
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-15-2022 at 07:45 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    "Individuals responsible for the thefts may attempt to sell the ammunition to area Federal Firearms Licensees."

Wow. Really?
    I’m with you. That’s a spokesperson fairy tale, right there.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’m with you. That’s a spokesperson fairy tale, right there.
    I'm pretty sure a retail business isn't going to buy a trunk load of ammo form sumdude in their parking lot with a super discount price.

But even if they did.

According to the ATF website a person doesn't need a FFL to sell small arms ammo. I don't know why the ATF would mention that in an alert.

No. A license is not required for a dealer in ammunition only. However a license is required to manufacture or import ammunition.
    So no. No license required by the feds. Maybe required by state law which is where most of these ammo restrictions originate.

ATF is fishing.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-15-2022 at 08:34 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    "Individuals responsible for the thefts may complain of brass-to-the-face, which results in animated online accusations of limp-wristing."

User Tag List