Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally found perfection... almost

I finally found perfection... almost

I wanted one of these for years.

The price was a bit steep back then so I could never justify it.

Then I forgot about them. Well I ran across one online and bought it. Even love the color.

Hunter, 'er I mean Pistol-Forum Orange.

It is a Blade-Tech Pro Hunter by Tim Wegner.

G-10 handles, S30V steel which I read is the same steel that is used for some other custom knives like Chris Reeve knives.

The only problem is that it does not have a pocket clip.

I actually bought two knives.

This one and a Blade-tech Mouse.

They came as a package.

Neither came with pocket clips.

I can't find pocket clips for either of them. I have looked online and only found generic clips, but nothing that looks specific to Blade tech knives.

If anyone has a source, I would appreciate any info.

Thanks all.

I used to have a Wegner Jr. model from Spyderco which I gave to my friend, knife maker Jerry Halfrich. It was his favorite pocket knife and he had lost his.

Looks like the same screw layout as on the older Spyderco models. If you have or can find a couple of the older models, the clip and screws are probably a perfect match.

Or maybe call Spyderco customer service in Golden, CO.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I will get a hold of Spyderco tomorrow Blues. Good call buddy.

This thing is absolute perfection in terms of size, fit and balance. Looking forward to skinning some animals with it!

Cheers!

My ‘96 Spydie Wegner is the only knife I’ve put away because I don’t want to lose it.

Little heart bubbles pop over my head every time I wear it.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Good call on the clip!

Name:  31F31E6F-92D5-4B57-B079-3C12D72F1C13.jpg
Views: 1147
Size:  33.4 KB
    Last edited by DamonL; 09-14-2022 at 09:28 PM.

It occurred to me that Tim Wegner must have some background as a hunter, as these are quite well designed knives for the purpose. Definitely a great knife for an outdoorsman. Perfect size as a skinner. The more I handle this the more I really, really like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I will get a hold of Spyderco tomorrow Blues. Good call buddy.

This thing is absolute perfection in terms of size, fit and balance. Looking forward to skinning some animals with it!

Cheers!
    Jerry lost his on a hunt I believe. He would guide hunts down in TX as well as in some of the Rocky Mountain states and AK. (And build custom rifle barrels as well.)

When he told me he was missing his favorite folding knife and told me what it was, I told him I had a nice surprise for him. A brand spanking new and unused one. Guess it was meant to be...and it was a way for me to repay his generosity.

If you don't get anywhere with Spyderco, I'll see if I can find something appropriate that I can take off one of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    It occurred to me that Tim Wegner must have some background as a hunter, as these are quite well designed knives for the purpose. Definitely a great knife for an outdoorsman. Perfect size as a skinner. The more I handle this the more I really, really like it!
    As I recall, he had a rep as a well respected hunter.

Description from the 2000 catalog, for the C48 Tim Wegner:

Tim Wegner combines knifemaking expertise and hunting experience in his first collaboration with Spyderco. The result is an everyday companion that meets the specific needs of the sportsman. Partnered in a drop-point style, the sturdy hollow-ground blade provides excellent edge retention and has just enough skinning curve to be effective for dressing large game. Cross-texturing above the Spyderco Trademark Round Hole allows for accurate thumb placement and precise edge control. The handle is form of premium G-10 for resistance to slipping and weather resistance. It feels comfortable in all grip positions and incorporates a strong Linerlock. The lanyard hole at the end of the handle offers extra security in deep snow or around water. This lightweight cutting tool will do what is asked of it and more.

That would be extremely generous. Let me see if I can get something going with Spyderco first. I am guessing I can buy a couple from them, maybe even a spare!

Good score.

Tim used to come in to the shop where I worked and stock holsters for us, and once upon a time, I had one of the small versions of this. Lost it somewhere....

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List