Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats Caleb! Taurus Marketing Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    This is awesome for both parties. Just saw a post on instagram! I am sure with his leadership good things to come? Taurus is on a roll lately. They just got Cody Osborne from Walther as well. They are on the move!
    A big part of why I took this job is I believe in the team that Bret is putting together here. We have real serious shooters on staff that are dedicated to bringing the product line to where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Make the "concealed" hammer available to the aftermarket as a drop-in part, the way S&W makes MIM hammers available as spare parts.
    Yeah. That exactly. Honestly spare parts available at Midway or Brownells like S&W parts are would make Taurus a lot more attractive.

It's one thing to take a chance and find out something needs work. It's another thing if scrounging parts is a massive pain in the ass. Just so you have any option other than the factory taking a second crack at fucking it up. Especially with how much of an increasing pain in the ass it is to ship firearms.

A custom shop or second-tier product line that does some minor work competently with another layer of QC would be nice. Even if it's Ruger-like in that they're just factory-modified short runs rather than a la carte true custom pieces.

Site Supporter
    Taurus makes almost exactly what I want in a lot of guns. Close enough for the most part that I won’t complain.

If their durability and QC were rock solid, then I would have no issues toting one. At least the PT 92 decocker/safety operates the proper way and their revolver don’t have holes in them.

Their M82 would be a cool revolver for example.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    A big part of why I took this job is I believe in the team that Bret is putting together here. We have real serious shooters on staff that are dedicated to bringing the product line to where it should be.

Thank you for your efforts and the efforts of the team.

Hopefully this will include autos and revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    With absolutely zero sarcasm, I wish you the best of luck with that. It would be awesome if y'all can pull it off.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

I dare you to make this the slogan:

Taurus: It'll Be Different This Time™

In all seriousness, I'd love to see Taurus become a serious contender. They make some guns that nobody else makes, and I'd love to see them made better.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

If you can turn Taurus into something other than the raving pile of dung it's always been, I'd lay bets on you parting the Red Sea.

Congrats and good fortune, sincerely.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Maybe Ruger will follow suit .. maybe up their game on QC with their revolvers.. not all consumers are gunsmiths ….
    Id like to own a SP101 with a un canted barrel…

Seems like QC has went south in the firearms industry as a whole .. I have had a heck of a time with Charter Arms as of late ..
    Last edited by Buckeye63; 09-18-2022 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

Their M82 would be a cool revolver for example.
    A 3” M82 done to NY-1 spec (DAO, …hell it’s already matte, so that’s about it. 3” and round off the butt. And tune it to “executive” specs and make sure it works. Done, boom.) would be very cool.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I dare you to make this the slogan:

Taurus: It'll Be Different This Time™

In all seriousness, I'd love to see Taurus become a serious contender. They make some guns that nobody else makes, and I'd love to see them made better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    If you can turn Taurus into something other than the raving pile of dung it's always been, I'd lay bets on you parting the Red Sea.

Congrats and good fortune, sincerely.
    @jetfire, congrats. You're a great choice for the job, and Taurus is lucky to have you.

I really shouldn't have a dog in the fight because I don't care about revolvers. But I do care about good engineering and quality control, so here are my thoughts:

1. Taurus has a poor reputation for QC. I discovered that some Taurus guns are built with a "Zero Tolerance Policy" with the claim of "Zero Tolerance standard-in design, fabrication, fit and performance. Meaning, there is simply no tolerance for parts that do not perform as if someone's life depends on them". That's interesting, and I bet you have some plans to make this into an effective marketing strategy, because it isn't. To me, it only underscores the difficulty Taurus has had in making quality guns.
    2. Taurus has some bafflingly stupid gun designs that (for many) taint the entire product line. E.g. the Curve and Raging Judge.
    3. S&W, despite much greater resources, has spotty product quality and an apparent inability to become a true leader in the firearms industry. IMO, there isn't a single thing S&W makes that another company doesn't do better.

So, I think there's a great opportunity for Taurus, and I hope you succeed in making it happen.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List