Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats Caleb! Taurus Marketing Manager

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I have a blued model 85 from like 1990 and I have to say that's a great little revolver.
    I do too. One of the spurless DAO ones. Better trigger than my J-frames.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    2. A widely held opinion is that Taurus offerings today, on the whole, have uneven QC

3. Please just make stuff that works

4. The price point to get # 3 may mean increases
    I can address these three items directly, because we agree that the perception on our QC is out there. And in the past it has been. However, as we stand right now, we inspect a significant % of guns that come in from Brazil, and if the defect rate on the samples exceeds an allowable level, we go to 100% inspections. Additionally, the guns that are made/assembled at the Georgia plant have a 100% test fire and QC rate.

Re: the price point, the reason our stuff is often so cheap is because we're one of very few companies that owns every step of our production. We forge our own barrels, make our own castings, make our own MIM, and even do our own polymer frames.

If we had to outsource as much stuff as say, Sig outsources to make a P365, then a G3c would cost 500 bucks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I can address these three items directly, because we agree that the perception on our QC is out there. And in the past it has been. However, as we stand right now, we inspect a significant % of guns that come in from Brazil, and if the defect rate on the samples exceeds an allowable level, we go to 100% inspections. Additionally, the guns that are made/assembled at the Georgia plant have a 100% test fire and QC rate.

Re: the price point, the reason our stuff is often so cheap is because we're one of very few companies that owns every step of our production. We forge our own barrels, make our own castings, make our own MIM, and even do our own polymer frames.

If we had to outsource as much stuff as say, Sig outsources to make a P365, then a G3c would cost 500 bucks.

Has the production quality in Brazil increased? I would like an M82 to rely on, and I like that the 1911s are series 80.

Which products are made here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Has the production quality in Brazil increased? I would like an M82 to rely on, and I like that the 1911s are series 80.

Which products are made here?
    Yes to the first question, a big part of what we're doing is driving incremental QC improvements in Brazil, and have dramatically increased QC inspections of Brazil made guns here in the states.

Guns made here in the Taurus line: all the TX22 series guns, and final assembly for the GX4 line. All guns made or final assembled in the USA are test fired as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I do too. One of the spurless DAO ones. Better trigger than my J-frames.
    Took my old ‘90s model 85 CH out and did a modified version of the Old Bakersfield PD 10 round course of fire with it. It acquited itself well. I’d like to see Taurus do a “More Executive” line, that offers polished stainless and truly blued steel options.

Name:  A20FDC4F-64F1-4EEF-AA73-7F7EA1560F96.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  32.6 KB
    Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 10-12-2022 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Not saying the hiring of @jetfire influenced me at all - but they make a 856, 3", Ultralite, with Ameriglo front sight. To be the perfect .38 Special carry gun it needs only:

1) To work
    2) A bobbed hammer
    3) A decent rear sight
    Boom. This. 1000%.

Make it a P-F.com special with black/orange G10 grips from VZ.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Bring back to 9 dollar rubber boot grip only have it relieved for speed loaders.
    Name:  IMG_7994.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  63.9 KB

While your at it Caleb, have bring the TCP back in a 12- 13 round, improved sights! Oh and the No view in .22, .22WMR and .32 Mag.

Dave

Not gonna lie. Between the good reports here, the P&S love over the past few months and them bringing @jetfire onboard, the 856 Executive, 4” .357 Raging Hunter and 4” .44 Tracker at a nearby shop are looking very attractive.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Not gonna lie. Between the good reports here, the P&S love over the past few months and them bringing @jetfire onboard, the 856 Executive, 4” .357 Raging Hunter and 4” .44 Tracker at a nearby shop are looking very attractive.
    It’ll be a while before I jump on. There have been so many “Taurus is turning things around” posts/articles/proclamations in the years since I started following the gun world that I’m skeptical. I really do hope that they do well. The 856 executive has almost everything I’d ever want from a small carry revolver, so I want to believe. But they’re gonna have to prove it to me first.

User Tag List