Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats Caleb! Taurus Marketing Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I cannot like this enough.
    Yeah, mega ditto’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    2. Taurus has some bafflingly stupid gun designs that (for many) taint the entire product line. E.g. the Curve and Raging Judge.
    So, not being a Taurus person. I hadn't actually perused the pistol side of Taurus lately. And I was pleased to see something when I looked earlier.

Gone are ALL sub-compact pocket pistols. The crappy TCP .380s, the Curve, the PT22. Also gone all the PT Millenium pistols and their descendants. Those were horrendous little pistols that all needed to go. Good riddance to those rubbish guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Fuck the SHOT Show. What is this, Detroit in 1956? Taurus could break from the herd and introduce quality guns any time.

Second, the idiotic Glock/SA/other releases at high noon on the 3rd Tuesday of whatever, teased with partial nudes over Instagram. Fuck the hype, just get it done.
    We launched the 856 Executive Grade and the G3 Tactical during an off-cycle and those went pretty well for us. SHOT just falls naturally on the calendar for these launches, and TBH the industry is built to support SHOT launches so it makes some of the moving pieces easier.

One thing we won't be doing is having a big flashy launch at SHOT and then not having any product to ship

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, not being a Taurus person. I hadn't actually perused the pistol side of Taurus lately. And I was pleased to see something when I looked earlier.

Gone are ALL sub-compact pocket pistols. The crappy TCP .380s, the Curve, the PT22. Also gone all the PT Millenium pistols and their descendants. Those were horrendous little pistols that all needed to go. Good riddance to those rubbish guns.
    Oh, interesting. Did not realize the PT22 was gone. All the Milleniums other than the G2 descendants have been gone a while. The Curve is long gone, didn't last but a year or two. So, right now their only .380 is the little revolver. So, the pocket micro .380 category is, not quite history, but fading.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Getting high quality holster support for certain product lines is very close to the top of my to-do list and I'm already in several different email threads with companies you've definitely heard of.
    Good. I've gotten quite picky about holsters, and am not totally happy with where I landed with my 856 Defender.

Parts availability? (Which I realize is a customer support issue -- if you make stuff available generally, you don't have the control of how it gets installed. If you don't control the process you end up with end users (bless their pointy little heads) FUBARing something and bad mouthing you on social media.)

One thing we won't be doing is having a big flashy launch at SHOT and then not having any product to ship
    Waaaaay OT, but: there’s a joke in the music industry about the “NAMM” in January’s colossal NAMM show standing for “Not Available; Maybe in May.”

Anyhoo, carry on, and congrats again. They’re lucky to have you, stud.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

That should put you ahead of others.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

If you do the view again, tell em not to make a curve asymmetric grip, adds little. Maybe a micro grip with adapter sleeve to fit the standard boot grip as well. Scale down the cylinder i.e if it’s .22 LR, .32 Mag!

I have a blued model 85 from like 1990 and I have to say that's a great little revolver.

Site Supporter
    1. Congratulations

2. A widely held opinion is that Taurus offerings today, on the whole, have uneven QC

3. Please just make stuff that works

4. The price point to get # 3 may mean increases

5. J/K size revolvers with sights on could see would be great

6. Easy to find night sight references on the website would be nice.

7. Blessings to you and yours in this time.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List