Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats Caleb! Taurus Marketing Manager

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    It absolutely does
    And sponsoring some of them?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

So...can we talk more about the 856 UL, Bobbed Hammer, with a drilled and tapped top strap that can accomodate a swappable fixed rear sight or RDS mount?

We can call it the RevolverRob WhyYouNoMakeThisColt Special

Congratulations!

And a respectful request for consideration: as I move closer to semi-retirement, I have a hankering for a small rimfire revolver. I've been curious as to why no one recently has made a convertible DA-.22lr and a .22 magnum cylinder. Practice with the lr, carry the magnum.
    A lightweight with good sights and 8 rounds, 2-3 inch barrel.
    Sincere thanks for considering.

Edit to add, after looking at website: 942 "Ultra-lite" w/2 cylinders, 3 inch barrel-please!
    Last edited by 1Rangemaster; 09-19-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And sponsoring some of them?
    For 2023, that's on the table. We need to set our budgets and whatnot and I am pitching support of support some of the shooting sports

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    And a respectful request for consideration: as I move closer to semi-retirement, I have a hankering for a small rimfire revolver. I've been curious as to why no one recently has made a convertible DA-.22lr and a .22 magnum cylinder. Practice with the lr, carry the magnum.
    A lightweight with good sights and 8 rounds, 2-3 inch barrel.
    Sincere thanks for considering.

Edit to add, after looking at website: 942 "Ultra-lite" w/2 cylinders, 3 inch barrel-please!
    Mag needs a larger groove diameter than LR, so accuracy typically suffers in guns so configured when shooting LR. A Single Six is likely to be considerably more accurate when shooting LR if a new barrel is made from a blank dedicated to LR and the Mag cylinder set aside or sold off.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Mag needs a larger groove diameter than LR, so accuracy typically suffers in guns so configured when shooting LR. A Single Six is likely to be considerably more accurate when shooting LR if a new barrel is made from a blank dedicated to LR and the Mag cylinder set aside or sold off.
    I appreciate your expertise, but a want is a want.
    A respectful question: what sort of accuracy improvement are we talking about? If a small revolver could shoot into say, 4 or 5 inches at 25 yards that’s good enough for me. Even a 3” group at 15 would suffice for defense, I’d submit.
    I like accuracy and good triggers, sights, etc., but the perfect shouldn’t be the the enemy of the good.
    YMMV

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    A sample: https://americanhandgunner.com/our-e...ruger-sixguns/

I believe those were just takeoff 10/22 barrels cut down. Probably good enough to not be the weak link in a handgun, but of course there are match-grade barrels and blanks available as well.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 09-19-2022 at 05:19 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Congrats and best of luck Caleb

Congratulations Caleb!

This thread made me go and check out the 856 3" revolvers on the Taurus website.

Site Supporter
    My father-in-law, despite being pretty well off, worships at the alter of Cheap. So of course he owns multiple Taurus semi-auto pistols. He swears by them. His PT-92 is just as good as or better than a Beretta, and will still tell me that after I’ve watched his jam several times, same with his G3C. Now he wants to pocket carry a revolver, because I pocket carry a J-Frame, but I’m sure he’ll buy a Taurus. Bless his heart.

Anyway, Congratulations to Caleb! I’ll probably never buy a Taurus, but I know and care about plenty of people who own them, and would probably stake their life on them. Help them get a good product (it’s a life safety tool after all, doesn’t need to be pretty) and you’ll have my gratitude.

User Tag List