Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats Caleb! Taurus Marketing Manager

Site Supporter
    I think we need a "modern fighting revolver" with a bull on the side. Another idea, collect some of these coins and patches with a legit off the shelf Taurus.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    The view is a great design, poor caliber choice, offer it in .22 or .32 and it is a winner.
    I was just having this very conversation that the View would actually be awesome if it was a 22 Mag

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I was just having this very conversation that the View would actually be awesome if it was a 22 Mag
    Aside from needing an unholy marriage of the stressfire reload and Bruce Lee’s 1-inch punch to eject the empties, I think you’re on to something.

I’d dig a .22LR version, myself. In case anyone important (who might be tagged) is listening.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

@jetfire, revolver idiot question: is there a reason other than cost-cutting that 9mm and .22 revolvers have .357 length cylinders and frames?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @jetfire, revolver idiot question: is there a reason other than cost-cutting that 9mm and .22 revolvers have .357 length cylinders and frames?
    Not really, no. It's perfectly possible to build a revolver with a frame window appropriate to the cartridge length of a smaller round. The problem is that it would cost a lot of money to alter the production process; since when a steel frame J-frame is born, it doesn't know if it's going to be a 327 Fed Mag or a 357 Magnum, for example.

If anyone company could pull it off and make it affordable, it would need to be a company that controls every step of their manufacturing process, from forgings to MIM...

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Not really, no. It's perfectly possible to build a revolver with a frame window appropriate to the cartridge length of a smaller round. The problem is that it would cost a lot of money to alter the production process; since when a steel frame J-frame is born, it doesn't know if it's going to be a 327 Fed Mag or a 357 Magnum, for example.

If anyone company could pull it off and make it affordable, it would need to be a company that controls every step of their manufacturing process, from forgings to MIM...
    I'm guessing you have a company in mind... :-).

My sense is that (at least to revolver-leaning individuals), those shorter frame/cylinder guns are eye-catching and attractive. Heck, I don't even like revolvers and I wish my LCR9 had a 9mm length frame and cylinder.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    So, to pirate off of another thread, since this is Talk Like a Pirate Day, I'd like to see Taurus's version of a .45 Colt mountain gun.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I hope Marketing Manager means wearing a shirt that says Taurus on it and shooting in a lot of regional and national matches.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I hope Marketing Manager means wearing a shirt that says Taurus on it and shooting in a lot of regional and national matches.
    It absolutely does

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    With absolutely zero sarcasm, I wish you the best of luck with that. It would be awesome if y'all can pull it off.
    Same here. If you guys can get them to turn out a product that is reliable and durable, I could swallow my Taurus hate.

Oh, BTW, when is the Taurus 2011 coming out?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List