Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Caleb! Taurus Marketing Manager

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oss117 View Post
    Isn't it time to let the fixed gutter rear sight go and start installing real rear sights from the factory?
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    No. They are low-profile, reduce snagging, and don't chew through clothes. For actual normal human being concealed carry, the traditional grooved topstrap sights remain excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I don’t mind a simple groove as a rear sight as long as the front and rear are the correct height and correctly centered for good accuracy, and as long as the front sight is clearly visible. Most inadequacies with this type of sight are due to deficiencies in the front sight, not the rear sight.
    Adjustable sight revolvers are readily available from S&W and Taurus and Ruger and Colt. Specifically, Model 10 & 13 S&W fixed sight revolvers have analogous adjustable sight revolvers in the models 15 & 19, and then those adjustable sights can be replaced with taller fixed sights if one desires.

Yes,I know that the whole product line isn’t always available new, but the point remains. While I enjoy shooting my target sighted revolvers, when I actually carry one, it’s almost always one with a top strap groove rear sight for the reasons mentioned by SCCY Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by oss117 View Post
    Isn't it time to let the fixed gutter rear sight go and start installing real rear sights from the factory?
    Or we can make a gun with a still functional albeit not great gutter sight that literally costs 300 bucks at retail

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Or we can make a gun with a still functional albeit not great gutter sight that literally costs 300 bucks at retail
    …and runs…
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

An adjustable rear is nice but not a personal requirement. I’m more than comfortable with a replaceable front sight and a load that I can learn, and trust, to a reasonable POA/POI.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

20 minutes well spent IMO.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

As the signs of the End Times stack up, here’s a well deserved one.

Congrats good man! @jetfire

Name:  IMG_4635.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  42.5 KB

https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/relea...H8nKkUf2eVgJ10
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    HELL YEAH, CALEB!!!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

good, I bought one

Congrats, Caleb!!

See ya next month!

@jetfire
    Good for you!

Since S&W is never going to reintroduce the 432, please convince them there are more than 10 of us that want a 6 shot airweight concealed hammer DAO in .32 H&R with a pinned on front sight. I figured the .32H&R chambering makes the idea of selling them on an alloy frame easier. They can dust off the old specs for the 650 and start there.
    Last edited by jandbj; 10-11-2023 at 08:47 AM.

User Tag List