Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats Caleb! Taurus Marketing Manager

This is famous P-F thread drift, but I’m at the point that if I could identify the best SKU I’d order a 3” Defender 856.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I broke an MR73 with fewer trigger pulls than I have on my Taurus 856 Executive Grade, so you're rolling the dice there too.
    Can we get Glock to make revolvers?

(Just kidding)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I assume you meant "both ways."

I guess that means I'm one step closer to buying an 856 Defender, then.
    That seals it for me regarding the 3" 692 9mm/.380/.38/.357 revolver.

@jetfire

Now that you are the head salesman in charge at Taurus, I am curious about the brand now. It was never in my consciousness. If I were to ask you to pick one pistol and one revolver that best epitomize what Taurus USA is all about (quality, value, utility): what would you recommend for me? For example, the old saying for which Glock was the G19.

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    Cool. I'll try it out soon.

From what I have read (hanging around the Taurusarmed forum, thus Internet hearsay, YMMV), if new enough they will. A bit older, and they will charge you for a shipping label to send it in. (No gun maker I've had to ship a gun into has charged for the return.)
    Some guns are not under warranty, like I’m sorry that your Spectrum is broken 🤣

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This is famous P-F thread drift, but I’m at the point that if I could identify the best SKU I’d order a 3” Defender 856.
    I checked gun.deals again earlier today, and this is the best deal currently available, IMO. You might beat it by a couple (and I mean just a couple) bucks, but from outfits without the reputation and service:

https://www.kygunco.com/product/taur...ight-sights-ss

That is the SKU I would get because it's steel, so best chance of durability and best for shooting a lot, and the stainless won't change color when it gets worn, nicked and scratched. The black is just black oxide. It's over stainless if I remember correctly on the 856s, so it won't rust, but it will get worn quickly and you won't be able to do any deburring/smoothing of externally visible surfaces/edges/corners without making it look like hell.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    God, that’s an awful thing to read. But is that S&W only, or also Ruger and Kimber?
    I’ve personally sent 4 guns back to Ruger—admittedly, over more than 3 decades. Each time, they came back absolutely way better than new. It’s as if the peeps there take it as a mark of shame that something happened the first time, and they give a bit of extra love to the trigger mechanism while it’s apart for the unfucking. That goes double for SA wheelies.

I will *NEVER* buy another new S&W. Not after the last, Stephanie-esque multi-trip debacle. And, folks, a lot of you know me: I have a safe with a top shelf full of old S&W wheelies. But fuck those guys. (I mean, aside from the 640pro I bought a year or two ago. S&W no-lock centennial, I wish I knew how to quit you…)

As to Caleb, he may have awesome new powers and prestige, but he’ll always just be another needy P-F wheelie whore to me. And more power to Taurus for seeing the value in that. We are indeed lucky that he was slumming here first. JMO.

PS. “856 Executive Grade P-F group buy.”

I’m a wheelie whore too.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Some guns are not under warranty, like I’m sorry that your Spectrum is broken 🤣
    It's a .44 Tracker that needs work I'd rather not attempt myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’ve personally sent 4 guns back to Ruger—admittedly, over more than 3 decades. Each time, they came back absolutely way better than new. It’s as if the peeps there take it as a mark of shame that something happened the first time, and they give a bit of extra love to the trigger mechanism while it’s apart for the unfucking. That goes double for SA wheelies.

I will *NEVER* buy another new S&W. Not after the last, Stephanie-esque multi-trip debacle. And, folks, a lot of you know me: I have a safe with a top shelf full of old S&W wheelies. But fuck those guys. (I mean, aside from the 640pro I bought a year or two ago. S&W no-lock centennial, I wish I knew how to quit you…)

As to Caleb, he may have awesome new powers and prestige, but he’ll always just be another needy P-F wheelie whore to me. And more power to Taurus for seeing the value in that. We are indeed lucky that he was slumming here first. JMO.

PS. “856 Executive Grade P-F group buy.”

I’m a wheelie whore too.

And I had a Super GP100 that took two trips back to Ruger before it was right.

I’m not bagging on Ruger, if I was gonna go buy a new revolver sight unseen right now, it’d be a Ruger. But that one was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    And I had a Super GP100 that took two trips back to Ruger before it was right.

I’m not bagging on Ruger, if I was gonna go buy a new revolver sight unseen right now, it’d be a Ruger. But that one was a mess.
    I had to send my Super GP100 to Cylinder & Slide so they could fix it

User Tag List