Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats Caleb! Taurus Marketing Manager

Count me as one of those curmudgeonly old men who rail about people working for gun companies who don't know much about guns, so I am very happy to see one company taking a differnet approach.

Congrats Caleb! don't be shocked if I talk your ear off at Revovolver Round Up!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Not saying the hiring of @jetfire influenced me at all - but they make a 856, 3", Ultralite, with Ameriglo front sight. To be the perfect .38 Special carry gun it needs only:

1) To work
    2) A bobbed hammer
    3) A decent rear sight

Word.

Why in this day and age of what we KNOW works for sighting systems that companies (specifically looking at S&W) still make a dinky ass rear sight with a top frame channel is beyond me. Don't tell me a rear dovetail that takes Glock sights is not doable on a revolver.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Taurus offers a lot of what I want. Sure I would make a few changes, like a larger safety on the G3, and better revolver sights. Yet, I would be content if I knew that their QC standards and quality of comments were top of the line and could live with the products as is.

The TH9 is a pistol I would like, and their revolver series are something I really want to trust. The M82 is a great looking revolver in my opinion, and a small ultra light 5 shot deep concealment revolver would be great to see again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Word.

Why in this day and age of what we KNOW works for sighting systems that companies (specifically looking at S&W) still make a dinky ass rear sight with a top frame channel is beyond me. Don't tell me a rear dovetail that takes Glock sights is not doable on a revolver.
    Man you guys are going to be really happy come SHOT Show

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    We've been hurt before...don't make us show you on a revolver where the bad men (didn't) touch it...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Fuck the SHOT Show. What is this, Detroit in 1956? Taurus could break from the herd and introduce quality guns any time.

Second, the idiotic Glock/SA/other releases at high noon on the 3rd Tuesday of whatever, teased with partial nudes over Instagram. Fuck the hype, just get it done.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Just make sure the guns aren't able to do this. Name:  IMG_20220805_095012.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  21.8 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Fuck the SHOT Show. What is this, Detroit in 1956? Taurus could break from the herd and introduce quality guns any time.

Second, the idiotic Glock/SA/other releases at high noon on the 3rd Tuesday of whatever, teased with partial nudes over Instagram. Fuck the hype, just get it done.
    I cannot like this enough.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

That's the idea. Everyone, regardless of income level, deserves to have a reliable firearm for self defense.
    I quoted this, because it needs to be able to be read again.

It's why @Flamingo and I made the Self-Opening Sheath for inexpensive Kershaw-Emersons. It's why I feel the 'China Pick' is so fantastic. It's why I buy POM in 6-packs and give them away.

Budget or lack thereof should not be a barrier to effective self-defense tools and training.

User Tag List