Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3” Colt Python… I’m Weak

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Just got home. I like the King Cobra Carry, but my wife insisted on the Python….
    Nice pair! I also prefer the King Cobra over the Python.

What grips are on your King Cobra? I like the shape of the factory grips but I don’t like the squishiness and those look pretty similar.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    It's too bad Colt never came up with a smaller and/or rounder grip frame for the shorty Pythons
    Ken Hackathorn addressed this with a local gunsmith earlier this year. It's gorgeous. Apparently those Colt grips date back to when Colt would periodically issue small runs of round grip guns and Ken snagged a pair for someday. That someday arrived with his 3".

Name:  Ken python 1.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  54.6 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    Nice pair! I also prefer the King Cobra over the Python.

What grips are on your King Cobra? I like the shape of the factory grips but I don’t like the squishiness and those look pretty similar.
    They’re Hogue Goncalo Alves: https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/colt-...ra-small-frame

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Thanks. I just ordered a set.

I really wish Harrison would come out with a fiber optic front sight for the King Cobra like they did for the Python.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    Thanks. I just ordered a set.

I really wish Harrison would come out with a fiber optic front sight for the King Cobra like they did for the Python.
    I’m using a Python front sight on my King Cobra, and it works, at least once you get used to were to hold it. It’s definitely combat effective at 10 yards on an 8” Shoot-n-See target.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Ken Hackathorn addressed this with a local gunsmith earlier this year. It's gorgeous. Apparently those Colt grips date back to when Colt would periodically issue small runs of round grip guns and Ken snagged a pair for someday. That someday arrived with his 3".

Name:  Ken python 1.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  54.6 KB
    Where can i get the grips and grip adapters (don't appear to be Tyler...more like Paychmar). Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Where can i get the grips and grip adapters (don't appear to be Tyler...more like Paychmar). Thanks!
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#...grip%20adapter

They have two sizes large and small.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For my 3”, I have both large and small Pachmayr adapters I picked up from eBay and a set of Altamont Classic Panel American Walnuts that should ship any day now. I’ve read here that grip combination isn’t the best for magnum rounds but I really only plan to shoot .38s. The .357s will be reserved for her big sister.

The round butt conversion above looks perfect with the 3” barrel.

I just ordered an IWB Pillager from Wes at Privateer Leather. It will will likely arrive some time around Christmas, just in time for some New Hampshire snowshoeing.

I would recommend the Harrison sights not only for increased ruggedness but also an improved sight picture. The set screw coming loose on the OEM rear and the rear drifting under recoil made them a complete nonstarter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I think Paychmar are those. IIRC the grips are from versions called "Marshal" models

https://coltfever.com/marshal/

Apparently Marshal grips show up on ebay a fair bit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15490568101...Bk9SR9DzydL1YA
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I purchased a set of the Marshal grips and while they fit (as in don’t shift), there is a fair amount of excessive frame metal sticking out. They’re too small for an unaltered 2020 Python frame.

I’ll post pics when I can. If anyone wants them, I’ll ship them out for $30 ( I paid $50).

User Tag List