Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3” Colt Python… I’m Weak

3” Colt Python… I’m Weak

Sportsmans Warehouse had this on their website yesterday, but when I hit “Pay” it read out of stock. Today it went through. I sold my 4.25” Python last month, mostly because I like to carry a shorter revolver. We’ll See…

Name:  51ABBE00-D109-45CB-9C1A-C756AAE2569C.jpg
Views: 1595
Size:  50.4 KB

Site Supporter
    It's too bad Colt never came up with a smaller and/or rounder grip frame for the shorty Pythons

Frank congratulations on the "sweetness" of short barreled 357s. Balance, sights, strength and trigger all pluses. Enjoy that take with me anywhere revolver.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Review here a must thank you.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    It's too bad Colt never came up with a smaller and/or rounder grip frame for the shorty Pythons
    Dremel Dremel Dremel I made you out of clay, Dremel Dremel Dremel I'll drink some rum and then we'll play.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    The splinter grip that came with the older 2 1/2" barrel Pythons is a bit shorter. It is unfortunately the only option I know of for a shorter Python grip, and the only potential improvement is a Tyler T-grip adapter.

Altamont has service grips I have been wanting to try. I'm just too busy at the moment to concentrate on firearms and shooting.

Colt | Altamont Company

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Dremel Dremel Dremel I made you out of clay, Dremel Dremel Dremel I'll drink some rum and then we'll play.
    Did you not see the round butt job on my Cobra? Hate crime.

Just got home. I like the King Cobra Carry, but my wife insisted on the Python….

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1303
Size:  51.1 KB

First impressions:
    VERY CLEAN! The fit and finish are as amazing as the first 4.25” Python. DA trigger pull feels the same, but the SA is much improved. It’s not only lighter than the first; the hammer doesn’t have that slight rearward movement while pulling the trigger. My trigger scale is upstairs, but I’m guessing…hang on while I get my scale 🤣… DA average is 8lb 7oz, SA is 5lb 1oz. Both are very nice! Timing is dead on, endshake is nonexistent, and the B/C gap is .005”. The stock target grips are almost too big for a 3” revolver, but the vented rib kind of balances it out.

User Tag List