Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a holster for a Taurus 856 3" revolver

Need a holster for a Taurus 856 3" revolver

I succumbed to temptation, and bought a Taurus 856 3" Executive this morning. Everything I have seen so far looks very promising.

I am looking for a good OWB RH straight drop leather holster. Any one got any recommendations? I am not sure the Simply Rugged Small Sourdough will be vertical enough. A forward cant is painful for me to use, due to previous orthopedic issues.
    @jetfire

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I succumbed to temptation, and bought a Taurus 856 3" Executive this morning. Everything I have seen so far looks very promising.

I am looking for a good OWB RH straight drop leather holster. Any one got any recommendations? I am not sure the Simply Rugged Small Sourdough will be vertical enough. A forward cant is painful for me to use, due to previous orthopedic issues.
    @jetfire
    Maybe ask Simply Rugged? It looks like there's enough material in the design to allow for a differently placed slot.

Site Supporter

@jetfire
    Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    Maybe ask Simply Rugged? It looks like there's enough material in the design to allow for a differently placed slot.
    I met the guy at last year’s revolver round-up - he was happy to work with people to meet their needs.

Tucker Gun Leather makes for several Taurus revolvers. So does Lobo Gun Leather and Don Hume.

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I met the guy at last year’s revolver round-up - he was happy to work with people to meet their needs.
    Rob is solid.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

@defilade made me this for my 856 defender.

Works awesome appendix.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Thanks gents. Yes, I know Rob, and he is a very kind fellow. He was just in Dallas this week and I missed him.

I'll probably order a custom from him and see if he can have it ready next month for the Revolver Roundup.

Duelist - be sure and look me up if you are there again. I didn't get to meet everyone I wanted to last year. I'll be the one with whiskey, cigars and revolvers.

Thanks for the other recommendations. I have some Tucker gun leather, i had simply forgotten about them.

@jetfire
    As a heads up, I've worked out that holsters designed for 3 inch SP101s will ALMOST always be a perfect fit for the 856 EG and Defender Series. I'm currently carrying AIWB in a holster for an SP101 that I'm desperately trying to convince the manufacturer to add a second SKU to their website for.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    As a heads up, I've worked out that holsters designed for 3 inch SP101s will ALMOST always be a perfect fit for the 856 EG and Defender Series. I'm currently carrying AIWB in a holster for an SP101 that I'm desperately trying to convince the manufacturer to add a second SKU to their website for.
    Is that only for leather holsters, or have you seen it for kydex holsters also? Any specifics you could share either publicly or via PM?

User Tag List