Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sweat stained hats

Use a tech wash.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    This.

Regular laundering prevents accumulation of the skin oils and sweat that stain/discolor ball hats. Just toss the ball hat in with appropriate colors of wash on 'gentle' with a little extra detergent and line dry. How hard is it to do that once a month?
    In my opinion this ruins the fit of the hat, making it prone to blowing away in high winds as well as being uncomfortable.

Keeping it on in the shower holds it's shape, and gets it clean enough. This is a running argument with my wife, which neither of us has yet won. It's on my head, making it difficult for her to snatch and launder unwillingly. But, she's also very good at finding it when I lose it, around 50-60 times a day. Sometimes it is returned with all the luck washed out of it.

Spray hat with shout or any other stain remover. Rub as necessary on stains. Put in dishwasher and run. After washing put on head size upside down bowl and let dry
    Don’t just sit there – do something short sighted and stupid!

"You're nothing but an effete corps of impudent snobs!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    In my opinion this ruins the fit of the hat, making it prone to blowing away in high winds as well as being uncomfortable.

Keeping it on in the shower holds it's shape, and gets it clean enough. This is a running argument with my wife, which neither of us has yet won. It's on my head, making it difficult for her to snatch and launder unwillingly. But, she's also very good at finding it when I lose it, around 50-60 times a day. Sometimes it is returned with all the luck washed out of it.
    Never ran into that problem using the clothes washer. You must be doing it wrong.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Washers-Baseb...A35HB4XIR3VSQ7

I think they make these for round bill as well as flat bill. We usually run the hat separate from dishes. Sometimes it's better to just buy a new cap.
    I'll second this solution. Works great for my sweat stained hats. Your sweat may vary.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

It's not as if it's a real man's hat, so why obsess? When it gets grungy buy a new one.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Name:  IMG_7888.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  31.4 KB

Before and after.

Just kidding I bought a new hat.

This hat is 19yrs old, formerly navy blue and has only been washed in the rain. Still my daily wear.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pick your hats, so the sweat will blend in — think honest wear.
    A utility ball cap doesn't become a favorite of mine until it is sweat stained. I view it like leather holster wear on a blued revolver.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List