Thread: And For The Next Six Months...

And For The Next Six Months...

I'm trying to get classified in Rimfire Pistol Iron for Steel Challenge Competition. I've already shot my Black Mamba with a C-More 12 MOA dot for RFPO and have had a lot of fun. For the past 6 months I've been shooting my S&W 617 instead of the Mamba.

Today I set it up with a Volquartsen fiber optic front sight and VQ adjustable rear so I can get my new classification. I intend to shoot this setup for the next 6 months and then see what I will change to at that time.

Was the 617 optic equipped?
    Can you summarize the pros and cons of the 2 guns for Steel Challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Was the 617 optic equipped?
    Can you summarize the pros and cons of the 2 guns for Steel Challenge?
    Yes it was.

I always have two guns set up the same way. I've learned over the years that if one goes belly up I have backup in my bag.

I like the variety of Steel Challenge. There are 13 divisions right now. I had to shoot my 617 against the autos because there is no division for revolver .22s.

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    Yes it was.

I always have two guns set up the same way. I've learned over the years that if one goes belly up I have backup in my bag.

I like the variety of Steel Challenge. There are 13 divisions right now. I had to shoot my 617 against the autos because there is no division for revolver .22s.

How did that go?

It went very well. I actually had my best times with the revolver. I'm more accurate with it.
    Name:  617 W target.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  54.1 KB

User Tag List