Thread: Time Marches On

Site Supporter

Time Marches On

In just the past few years the training community has lost a staggering amount of experience and expertise. Death took from us Louis Awerbuck, Pat Rogers, Jim Cirillo, Todd Green, Paul Gomez, Chuck Taylor, William Aprill, and James Yeager. In addition, master trainers Ken Hackathorn and Dave Spaulding retired from active teaching.

In every case, people said to me, “I really meant to train with him, but I never got around to it. Now it’s too late”. There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them. Plan accordingly.

Well said.

From the competition world I would add Ron Avery, he passed before I was able to train with him, and that will always be a regret. Luckily a few YouTube videos showcase his passion and his unique take on shooting fundamentals and TPC lives on still.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    Well said.

From the competition world I would add Ron Avery, he passed before I was able to train with him, and that will always be a regret. Luckily a few YouTube videos showcase his passion and his unique take on shooting fundamentals and TPC lives on still.
    Ron was next on my list and had been in the process of scheduling a class when he passed. Truly an outstanding instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    In addition, master trainers Ken Hackathorn and Dave Spaulding retired from active teaching.
    I took a class from Ken Hackathorn. It was like learning physics from Sir Isaac Newton.

Do it while you (and they) still can.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List