Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50+ Old Fashioned Insults We Should Bring Back

50+ Old Fashioned Insults We Should Bring Back

Worth a look and have a smile.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I noticed #18 went right after the "Gingers", .
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Off the list ai think sneaksby is the one I’ll try to use sometimes.

I think my favorite old school curse we should bring back is damn your eyes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

Worth a look and have a smile.

I agree with your list, which inspired me to very humbly submit one addition. Richard Pryor, years ago, said he could always tell when "two white guys were on the verge of slugging it out" (whatever happened to the concept of fistfighting being the solution as opposed to blazing away?). Pryor said when either of the combatants would call the other a "peckerhead," he knew the next move would be punches thrown. "WHAT did you call me?" "You're a peckerhead!"

It resonates with me because peckerhead was the "line in the sand" drawn by my Mother whenever my brother and I would argue. We got a verbal for that being "really awful - remember, he's your BROTHER." Yeah, the same brother who drop kicked my head on the kitchen floor to the tune of 9 stiiches and a cracked lower jaw.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Ms. Okie uses "ne'er-do-well" regularly.

Conspicuous by its absence.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

"Duke of limbs" - a tall awkward fellow.

Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Off the list ai think sneaksby is the one I’ll try to use sometimes.

I think my favorite old school curse we should bring back is damn your eyes.
    I use that one occasionally from reading the Hornblower series. Damn your eyes Mr Bush.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Good stuff, but I'm on the wrong side of 75 and even I would need a way-back machine to recognize some of these. I recently walked into a coffee shop where I'm a familiar figure who alternates between decaf and regular. When asked I said I'll take hi-test. The young lass looked completely bewildered.

I recall when my Grandfather a gentle giant of a man called my Uncle, his Son, a scoundrel. Pretty damning from someone of his nature.
    Last edited by UNK; 09-13-2022 at 01:31 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I recall when my Grandfather a gentle giant of a man called my Uncle, his Son, a scoundrel. Pretty daming from someone of his nature.
    About half of those would trigger Federal Hate Crime investigations...

User Tag List