Thread: Myopia increases

Site Supporter

Myopia increases

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...myopia/671244/

This is an interesting article on the increase in myopia in modern society and treatments to mitigate it. I worked on refraction problems in my training, so it caught my interest.

I was wondering what the increase in societal myopia means for sighting systems in the firearms world. Scope, RDS, etc. - food for thought.

I didn't have to wear glasses until 6 th grade. I flunked an eye test and got some ugly Clark Kent glasses (all they had then). I didn't want to wear them but my Mom called my teacher and the day after we got them, she started class by saying: Glenn will show us his new glasses!

Later, I switched to cool counter culture hippie glasses. Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...myopia/671244/

This is an interesting article on the increase in myopia in modern society and treatments to mitigate it. I worked on refraction problems in my training, so it caught my interest.

I was wondering what the increase in societal myopia means for sighting systems in the firearms world. Scope, RDS, etc. - food for thought.

I didn't have to wear glasses until 6 th grade. I flunked an eye test and got some ugly Clark Kent glasses (all they had then). I didn't want to wear them but my Mom called my teacher and the day after we got them, she started class by saying: Glenn will show us his new glasses!

Later, I switched to cool counter culture hippie glasses. Much better.
    Better known by their military designation: Glasses, Birth Control, one pair.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Better known by their military designation: Glasses, Birth Control, one pair.
    I just saw my E-6's latest pair. They've changed a lot. Now look like very professional black frames and seemed pretty well built. They were laying his place around a lot as this Soldier rarely wears them as the prescription is pretty light.

re the OP: IDK but a couple years into cataract surgery on both 20/450 eyes and the resulting 20/10 in each eye still has me marveling and grinning.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List