Thread: HK P2000 slide width

HK P2000 slide width

Can somebody with a P2000 and a set of calipers provide me with the width of the slide? I can only find the max width of the frame online (1.37"). I'm curious if the slide is the same width or thinner than the P30 (~1.15").

I get 1.135

Their 1.37 number includes both slide releases (mine measures 1.355). The frame itself is nearly identical to the slide width (1.137) at the widest point.

I got exactly 1.138 on a P2000 and a P30. The slides appear very similar, if not identical, in profile in the way they taper towards the top. It's close enough that my P2K fits several P30 holsters very well.

Also, on an interesting side note, the P2000 and P30 slides each fit both frames and appear to function correctly in either configuration. I still haven't put any rounds down range with either, so do so at your own risk, but they passed a dry function check. Makes sense that this would work considering the number of shared slide and frame components between both.

Name:  20210531_204811_tn.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  56.0 KB Name:  20210531_205112_tn.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  51.3 KB

Thanks for checking, I suspected they were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I got exactly 1.138 on a P2000 and a P30. The slides appear very similar, if not identical, in profile in the way they taper towards the top. It's close enough that my P2K fits several P30 holsters very well.

Also, on an interesting side note, the P2000 and P30 slides each fit both frames and appear to function correctly in either configuration. I still haven't put any rounds down range with either, so do so at your own risk, but they passed a dry function check. Makes sense that this would work considering the number of shared slide and frame components between both.

Name:  20210531_204811_tn.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  56.0 KB Name:  20210531_205112_tn.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  51.3 KB
    I went down into the pit of despair (the basement) to check my HKs. I found the P30 slide worked nicely on my P2000 frame but the P2000 slide would not mount on the P30. They are both LEMs, so don't see why one would and not the other. Granted, I like the fact that I might run my red dot P30 slide on the more compact P2K frame and don't care about the other combo. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I went down into the pit of despair (the basement) to check my HKs. I found the P30 slide worked nicely on my P2000 frame but the P2000 slide would not mount on the P30. They are both LEMs, so don't see why one would and not the other. Granted, I like the fact that I might run my red dot P30 slide on the more compact P2K frame and don't care about the other combo. Any thoughts?
    Oops, sorry about that, I forgot to mention. The only way it works is with the P2000 recoil spring assembly with the P30 slide on the P2K frame or the P30 RSA with the P2K slide on the P30 frame. This is due to the difference in slide release levers between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Oops, sorry about that, I forgot to mention. The only way it works is with the P2000 recoil spring assembly with the P30 slide on the P2K frame or the P30 RSA with the P2K slide on the P30 frame. This is due to the difference in slide release levers between the two.
    I couldn't let it go, so I went back down and figured that out. You don't see any issues with swapping the recoil spring assemblies, do you? Looks workable to me. Until your original post, I hadn't considered how I could make my P30/P2000 into a G17/G19 set. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I couldn't let it go, so I went back down and figured that out. You don't see any issues with swapping the recoil spring assemblies, do you? Looks workable to me. Until your original post, I hadn't considered how I could make my P30/P2000 into a G17/G19 set. Thanks!
    Nothing I've seen so far concerns me about either of those two configurations. The RSA's are nearly identical except for minor differences on the back half to accommodate the difference in the slide stop lever with the P30. The RSA's are also the same length. Additionally, the P30, P30L, P2000 and USP Compact even use the same recoil spring, so clearly no worry about differences in spring rate/length.

User Tag List