Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for a new wedge. Same or change?

Time for a new wedge. Same or change?

I carry a G19 with RMR and XC1 in a JM Wing Claw 2.5. Current stock foam wedge is getting flat. I know the foam wedge works well for me. Get another foam wedge or try something else?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I know the foam wedge works well for me.
    I think you have answered your own question
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I carry a G19 with RMR and XC1 in a JM Wing Claw 2.5. Current stock foam wedge is getting flat. I know the foam wedge works well for me. Get another foam wedge or try something else?
    I like the MasterMind beanie bag thing. I bought mine, no discount.

https://www.mastermindtactics.com/shop?category=Wedges
    #RESIST

i think the wedge thing is pretty subjective, i've tried the large and small foam wedge from JM Custom Kydex, the original bag thing from mastermind tactics and the teardrop shaped one from dark star. for me, the dark star has been the most comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    i think the wedge thing is pretty subjective, i've tried the large and small foam wedge from JM Custom Kydex, the original bag thing from mastermind tactics and the teardrop shaped one from dark star. for me, the dark star has been the most comfortable
    Yes - subjective. The JM didn’t do anything for me, and the DSG was underwhelming. The regular pillow from Mastermind was pretty much perfect for my body type and carry position.

Awesome avatar by the way helothar.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

I'm using the Dark Star teardrop usually but for me it's about a tie with the JMCK foam pads.

I think Phlster might be coming out with some kind of wedge/foam pad product soon, so could be worth the wait to see what they've come up with since they often have a unique take.

Mastermind Appendix Carry (Junk) Pillow Adjustable. So you can fill it to your desire. And also pull the filling and wash the housing.

Site Supporter
    Mastermind King size and regular size pillows have been game changers for me over foam wedges.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Much of this will depend on what you're asking the pad/wedge to do. If you're using it to push the grip in a ton, you're simply going to compress most any material used. Some foams are better than others, but there's only so much that can be done. Yoga block material is a little more resilient, but it's also far less soft, hence it's ability to last longer.

To this end, we're working on offering some denser foams that are less soft, but will have more resistance, but that's gonna be a CS nightmare without better education.

The best thing we've found so far, but have been limited by manufacturing, has been silicone. It handles the repeated compression better, but we need to resolve some attachment concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    the DSG was underwhelming..
    In what way?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List