Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: For Those Model 10 Fans...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Probably not but I got it!
    Right on!
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To

Sweet.

I accept cash, bank cheques, or gratuitous posted pics.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

The 2.5” was only apparently done for the Bureau, MSP, and the RCMP.

Looking forward to getting it!

Okay who’s got some K frame Spegels they’re gonna let me buy off them!
    Hey Craig- CONGRATULATIONS on a fantastic Model 10 acquisition!

For those of us who don’t have access to the S&W Standard Catalog, I’m going to quote from page #205, Fourth Edition: “FBI and Michigan State Police Issue: Approx 780 2-1/2” heavy barrel versions were sold to the FBI (~500) and Michigan State Police (~280) in 10 6 and 10 8 marked models with a round butt frame. Pinned heavy barrel with a pinned serrated ramped front sight. .400” smooth trigger, with a .270” hammer spur , with a full length extractor rod. In 1998 101 units were made available to the public from Michigan Police surplus in the 3D75xxx serial range in the 10-8 variation. Scarce.”
    And FWIW, as per the SWSC, “SCARCE” refers to fewer than 900 produced…
    And listen, IMHO, Spegel grips would be neat, that that 10-8 with the original numbered RB grips trumps them in coolness…

The 2.5” was only apparently done for the Bureau, MSP, and the RCMP.

Looking forward to getting it!

Okay who’s got some K frame Spegels they’re gonna let me buy off them!
    Congratulations!
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Thank you so much for the detailed and informative post! I will definitely look into this. I am spending more and more time outside of CA and often do see cool C&R guns for sale while traveling.
    FWIW, while there are advantages to the C&R/COE route for folks in the PRC, C&R handguns are roster exempt. ( see (g) below )

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=32110

So they can be purchased out of state like you would any rostered gun, and you do a normal DROS at your friendly local FFL.

That’s how I bought my Walther P1.

— Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Hey Craig- CONGRATULATIONS on a fantastic Model 10 acquisition!

For those of us who don’t have access to the S&W Standard Catalog, I’m going to quote from page #205, Fourth Edition: “FBI and Michigan State Police Issue: Approx 780 2-1/2” heavy barrel versions were sold to the FBI (~500) and Michigan State Police (~280) in 10 6 and 10 8 marked models with a round butt frame. Pinned heavy barrel with a pinned serrated ramped front sight. .400” smooth trigger, with a .270” hammer spur , with a full length extractor rod. In 1998 101 units were made available to the public from Michigan Police surplus in the 3D75xxx serial range in the 10-8 variation. Scarce.”
    And FWIW, as per the SWSC, “SCARCE” refers to fewer than 900 produced…
    And listen, IMHO, Spegel grips would be neat, that that 10-8 with the original numbered RB grips trumps them in coolness…
    That's super cool info than you sir!

So for all in the know, I was thinking about getting it reblued but maybe I shouldn't fuck with something this scarce? Thoughts?

That's super cool info than you sir!

So for all in the know, I was thinking about getting it reblued but maybe I shouldn't fuck with something this scarce? Thoughts?
    If you obtained it for collectibility and value- short answer is a resounding NO.
    And if it has genuine cosmetic wear and tear, that only adds to its uniqueness. If anything, certainly get it lettered by the Smith and Wesson Collectors Association and let’s see what Mr. Roy Jinks has to say about it.

Congrats on the nice snag, Craig.

I have 3 or 4 revolvers from them, and they have always been in the condition described or better.

This one speaks to me - like a fixed sight Highway Patrolman.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947794593

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Congrats on the nice snag, Craig.

I have 3 or 4 revolvers from them, and they have always been in the condition described or better.

This one speaks to me - like a fixed sight Highway Patrolman.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947794593
    I've been drooling on that one too, big time. It's not going to be cheap, 13 days to go and it is already up to $755
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I've been drooling on that one too, big time. It's not going to be cheap, 13 days to go and it is already up to $755
    If you want it, I will certainly back away. I already have a bunch of N frames, you are more than welcome to this one.

User Tag List