Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New credit card Tracking code for guns/ammo sales

Exclamation Some GOOD news for a change

I hate all of these new bullshit laws.

For the record, if you need bullets and don't want to make it on "The List" I've got good news. Component manufacturers are not required by the ATF to maintain records of our Clients or serial number products, and you can mail us a money-order or bank check if you like.

Set-up your reloading station, order as many bullets from me as you like, load 'em up, and smile knowing your home and your family are safe.

We've got your back and we know where we stand. We're with you.

Hugh Withers, CEO Pride Ammunition Components
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Difference being that now they're tracking it where as before it was just names.
    I don't claim any special insights but I think that cc companies really wanted to track this stuff, they could easily write search algorithms. Based on snippets of Visa's response to Dems, Visa doesn't seem to be excited about being nominated for govt watchdog. I think they are implementing this is because they are worldwide org so they need to stay inline with international regs. That's just my read on this, I could be wrong.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    My online ammo purchases are well hidden. They are listed on my cc reports as sgammo, freedom munitions, global ordnance, Atlanta arms, and ammoshoponline. Without special code nobody could ever guess. I am busted now.
    The problem is we’re right, nobody cares what each of us is buying.

What they care about, is what everyone is buying. And that we are buying. And they want power to influence that at the macro level not the micro level.

It’s not the CC companies wanting to track things. It’s power brokers in banking within agendas leveraging an international standards organization to create tools that they can then use to control behaviors.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Yeah, I see that as a goal. My take on this is that if a middleman (cc company) becomes a problem for business conduction, middleman gets booted and new middleman is found. Guns and ammo is $22bil annual revenue business. Remains to be seen if cc companies are willing to lose it over political agenda of some banking activists.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Yes, MCCs are for fee charging and control, not really for tracking. An issuer processor can elect to deny approvals for specific MCCs and/or charge different fees. Make no mistake, this was a HUGE step in controlling/limiting firearms purchases.

Site Supporter
    So, if I find a great deal and buy 10,000 rounds of ammo, how long before it becomes common place that two agents show up at my door and want to know why I need so much ammo?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Yeah, I see that as a goal. My take on this is that if a middleman (cc company) becomes a problem for business conduction, middleman gets booted and new middleman is found. Guns and ammo is $22bil annual revenue business. Remains to be seen if cc companies are willing to lose it over political agenda of some banking activists.
    With the new ESG score BS I'm going to say yes? Yes, they are willing to loose that. Wether they want to or not

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I’m sure this is the dumbest question I’ve asked in awhile but this applied to credit and debit cards from these carriers correct? Not just transactions ran with true “credit cards”?

Considering it reads “Visa” on the side of my debit card I’m gonna assume “duh yes” but just grasping for straws I guess.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

https://youtu.be/kZqyCHjJWlM

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Doing a small bit of research these codes appear to be at the merchant level. In Idaho firearms (and ammo) are sold by Ace Hardware, Bi-Mart, D&B Supply, .... Is every outlet that handles these supplies going to be similarly coded? As previously mentioned in this thread it's important to find out whether these codes are applied to debit purchases. Cash/Money Orders are your friend.

User Tag List