Thread: FOIA/PRA request SME or RKI?

FOIA/PRA request SME or RKI?

Any FOIA/PRA SME or RKI here? For a state regulatory agency-specific question.

Does anyone know of someone who is an SME or RKI regarding filing a PRA/FOIA request on a state regulatory agency? I can provide more details to them.

I want to avoid making multiple failed attempts because of verbiage, etc. issues.

In advance, thank you.

Erick

Site Supporter
    I've done quite a few, but I'm far from an expert. The feds and some states often make you sue them in order to answer a request. Other states are much better. If you want, I can give you an example request, but it's likely not going to be tailored to your specific state or issue.

I’ve served as a FOIA officer at a unit of local government. Depending on how specific the situation is I may be able to help. If you want to PM me your phone number I can give you a call or we can talk via PM if that’s easier.

Site Supporter
    I've counseled a number of local agencies on their responses to requests for for records and could advise on what works in my state's Right-to-Know Law regime.

User Tag List